Check out these honies

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
JJH
Enthusiast

Check out these honies

Post by JJH »

http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/20 ... -leaf.html
Luv the blue one :drool:

Anybody know the costs for landing one of these beauties here in Aus?
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

I cannot give you a real figure until the auction is near a end as the prices tend to rise to around the 450,000yen mark. As it stands the black one can be imported as its a 88 model but it is automatic so the usually go a bit cheaper.I got someone to look at a silver widey with 75,000 ks on the clock and was told that the dash had been changed but the car was a grade 4.5 condition and the asking price was 690,000 yen which once landed and complied and registered worked out at around 14k so i let it go.If i was you i would look at buying nxtimes widey for 8k and repairing the rust.Hope this helps :D
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

That blue one is hot, needs manual tho
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

That gold Starion is a rust bucket, although the km's are meant to be genuine. (I have seen the auction report). It was a Grade 1 due to the amount of rust an corrosion in it. The current seller bought it for 250,000 Yen as no one else would touch it.

Black one looks ok, but is also (unpopularly and commonly) an auto. Blue one has been repainted and is auto, but cannot be imported as it is a 1989 model. Km's don't appear to be genuine.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

NXTIME wrote:Km's don't appear to be genuine.
Its is my opinion that very few cars exported from Japan have original kms.
When I imported a few I was asked "what do you want the odometer to read"
A few that were left alone had over 200,000kms and were in way better condition than cars with 70,000kms, my s15 managed 100,000 in 18 months in Japan, a dash powered eterna did 45,000 in one year.
At a car importer I worked for all cars no matter the age or condition had between 40 and 50,000 kms, I still see cars daily with wound back kms.
What the odometer reads really means nothing in this country
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

This is slightly off topic but does anyone have hook ups for importing jap wheels? Older style 15's and 16's especially.
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

if your going to re-paint, rebuild the engine, tart up the interior , re-do the suspension yada yada yada what do k's on the odometer mean anyway??.. the k's is a moot point really
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

bigd wrote:This is slightly off topic but does anyone have hook ups for importing jap wheels? Older style 15's and 16's especially.
these guys - http://otomoto.com.au/showroom.htm
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

benny wrote:if your going to re-paint, rebuild the engine, tart up the interior , re-do the suspension yada yada yada what do k's on the odometer mean anyway??.. the k's is a moot point really
yeah but a lot of people that buy widey's leave em alone. they're a great car in stock form really.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

redzone wrote:
benny wrote:if your going to re-paint, rebuild the engine, tart up the interior , re-do the suspension yada yada yada what do k's on the odometer mean anyway??.. the k's is a moot point really
yeah but a lot of people that buy widey's leave em alone. they're a great car in stock form really.
agreed.
smog
[L] Plates

Post by smog »

redzone wrote:
bullshit rofl

They need a 2x bigger flywheel and a 11lbs flywheel to be remotately decent. Theng et rid of them 80s softy worn out bushings for something that doesnt make the whole car feel like a sloppy pussy
1986 Conquest TSI 1jz e11v2
1978 lancer 1600 "dodge colt"
1972 240z running rust project
80's Hero
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Out of the eight hundred-odd JDM widebody Starions, only a few would be extensively modified, with most being well looked after. This is invariably reflected in the price. You cannot compare them with the plethora of mass-produced cars on the JDM market. They are enthusiasts' cars and normally sell for decent prices (600,000 Yen+ for clean examples). We are lucky in a way that the Aussie Dollar has strengthened greatly in recent years to the 90-100 Yen mark; and therefore these cars have become relatively cheaper to buy.
Last edited by NXTIME on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

JJH, the rule of thumb is to double the original purchase price. (Although I use a multiplication factor of 1.1.)

Foor eg, a 600,000 Yen purchase price would equate to approx $6,100AUD. Then add $1,000 for local costs (local freight and other charges); $1,000 agent fees; $1,000 for shipping; approx $1650 for customs and brokerage fees; local (Aus) transport and then compliance - $1,200-$1,600. Then state registration costs: $700-1200. I am sure there will be other smaller costs that will pop up, but they are just about all the common ones.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

smog wrote:
redzone wrote:
bullshit rofl

They need a 2x bigger flywheel and a 11lbs flywheel to be remotately decent. Theng et rid of them 80s softy worn out bushings for something that doesnt make the whole car feel like a sloppy pussy
yes but i'm talkin about JDM origin widey's, not the USA ones. its like apples and oranges really. different countries use cars different ways, different things wear, affecting the cars different ways.

besides, u probably dont realise how incredibly rooted most australian starions are, which is what we compare these mostly cherry jap cars too.....

Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Shaun is just crazily biased on fidanza... haha... and sometimes drunk posts... and most of the time doesn't make sense.

Most of our cars here get thrashed because of stupid owners... and then they retardedly try to fix them with the cheapest of solutions. My example, owner used a garden hose to replace a coolant line... he didn't even cut it down, just left it a foot longer.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!