service manual

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
d1star
Newcomer

service manual

Post by d1star »

can anyone please tell me where i can find a service manual for my ja. im a tightass and dont want to pay $80 on ebay. it must be on the net somewhere
"by 1990 no australian child will be without a starion"
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

well , you dont want to spend $80 bucks on your starion , well ..

you are in for a treat , you own a car that parts are rare as , and cost mega bucks , welcome to the world of the starion , the project that sits in the corner of the shed (if you are lucky ) or rusting in the back yard ..

the cost of of $80 bucks pfffffffffffffffffffffff

save your self the greif , 10 bucks of fuel and a lighter , tape it and watch it over and over , or make $80 bucks cash it in for scrap .................

seriously , im not being a smart ass but $80 bucks is nothing compared to what you are going to drop into it .........................
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

+1
moneypit
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

See if you can get any info from the tech section:
http://www.austarion.com/tech/index.php
_

Post by MrBishi »

zippo wrote:well , you dont want to spend $80 bucks on your starion , well ..

you are in for a treat , you own a car that parts are rare as , and cost mega bucks , welcome to the world of the starion , the project that sits in the corner of the shed (if you are lucky ) or rusting in the back yard ..

the cost of of $80 bucks pfffffffffffffffffffffff

save your self the greif , 10 bucks of fuel and a lighter , tape it and watch it over and over , or make $80 bucks cash it in for scrap .................

seriously , im not being a smart ass but $80 bucks is nothing compared to what you are going to drop into it .........................
Dropping $80 on reference material vs actual parts is totally different. I know I'd rather download a manual than spend $80. I also don't understand the 'mega bucks' that you reckon a Starion consumes. Name any performance car (new or old) that doesn't cost money to maintain. Point to a part on the car that costs more to purchase or maintain than any similar car.

To answer the original post - I haven't seen a complete manual to download for an Australian Starion. Portions of JA & JD manuals have been floating around and a complete scanned US widebody manual is around the traps. What specific model and portion of the manual are you after?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Any part in particular you need?
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

MrBishi wrote:Point to a part on the car that costs more to purchase or maintain than any similar car.
Starion LSD. Expensive to purchase 2nd hand.Spare clutch packs anyone?

If your after Starion Manual sections i have most of the JD manual online to download in sections on http://www.sigmaman87.cruisingmackay.com/
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

body parts in good nick ???
cheaper to buy a complete part ....
suspension parts $$$$ nothing on the shelf , most newer cars , nissan , mitso , etc you can buy off the shelf (ie) manifolds , fuel rails clutches , cheap as . sr20 manifold , dime a dozen less than 300 bucks , apart from 10 year old van stuff or sohc hyundia you dont have much choice .
even the cheap crap from china is better than 10 year old crap ..
everything for a starion needs to be custom .

lets face fact ...

to get to the stage of m/point you are allready gone at least 3k , and you have a crap manifold and lower price ecu ....

if you are lucky you can pick up a car that some poor soul has spent $$$$
on..

next - t/cam set up , most want to retain the starion box so they go the head only more money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

when will it end .......... , with more modern cars its ll off the shelf .

so you tell me , can you go to the shelf and get parts ?????
no you cant , you simply muck around and hope it will work ...

brake update ????? not cheap you need to chop and change , wheels $$$$$

and what about the little buttons and swithches that die along the way , i suppose we go to auto barn and just get them off the shelf .....do we

diff and drive shafts , you can get a m/spool for your average borg warner for $25 ,
yes the starion has some cheap bits , but mostly engine componets due to the 4g63 , but any thing else is purely custom .

i am sure that there are people here that do not dare count the $$$$$ they have spent , and most likely cant keep up with a v6 commo .

so explain to me please what is so cheap and easy for a starion ...
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

JD_Stazza_Brendan wrote: Starion LSD. Expensive to purchase 2nd hand.Spare clutch packs anyone?
A good source indicates that clutch packs are an item ordered and shipped from Japan. Sorry, not good news on that one.
JD_Stazza_Brendan wrote: If your after Starion Manual sections i have most of the JD manual online to download in sections on http://www.sigmaman87.cruisingmackay.com/
Well done!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

the only book that i would pay $80 for would be the sports allmanac book thingo from back to the future II
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

TomVR4 wrote:the only book that i would pay $80 for would be the sports allmanac book thingo from back to the future II
rofl that'd be worth every cent.

Sounds like zippo's just realised how much he's spent... Don't worry mate, you're not alone.
_

Post by zippo »

sorry decoy ....
i havent spent that much compared toothers , i got one some one else spent the cash on , to put it lightly , an original clean bodied car with great ecu , a project waiting to happen.
what i wanted was a clean , something else that there are not common , that was factory turbo .....

i have only thrown a few hundred at it to developcertain items for some fun while a new motor is getting done ....

ask people how much they have spent and see what power they have compared toa more modern car .....

my 05 outlander most likely will out do most standard starions and that is a famly wagon ...[/quote]
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

Gee zippo! Your starting to sound like you don't like Starions.

:?
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
d1star
Newcomer

service manual

Post by d1star »

i need the full manual i bought my staz for $200 with a near perfect body but not boosting and dropping a s#@$load of oil when i pull up, oil goes through intake and air canister :x . im trying to spend as little as possible as my other 2 kids cost me a fortune
"by 1990 no australian child will be without a starion"
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

no , dont get m wrong .

i find the starion a great car , as i have stated in the past i saw one as a kid and loved it , always wanted one but forgot about them ...

later on in life i decided to get a toy for some fun , drag , sprint etc ..

looked around and wanted something not the same and rememberd the starion .......so i do like the car , but what im saying is parts are hard to come by and off the shelf is non existent .

if i had to start from scratch , i would never have attempted it , but as it is with cars it never ends.
so i am greatfull for the head start ...

if i have offended any one , i am sorry .

$80 bucks on a manual is nothing compared to what is going to be spared on a car that is old and most likely req work ....

treat a manual as an investment .

remember you get what you pay for and $200 bucks for a whole car is going to need alot of $$$$$$$$$ regardless of what you can do your self