Why are our cars so unsafe?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

OLD FART wrote:Those crazy Germans seem to have started drifting waaaay earlier than the Japs
I can see why the vws were designed with that body shape easier to roll back right way up LOL
i think you posted that in the wrong thread? ahaha
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

for an old car, the starion actually has very thick a pillers - not to mention the b pillars..

but think about this.. the new ve commodore lost in safety rating to euro cars because they don't have an annoying peezo alarm that goes off when the car is moving but someone inside isn't wearing a seatbelt..

albeit the annoyance being a good thing for safety, it's simple things like THAT that lose ratings for an otherwise well built car

plus there's no airbags and all those other gizmos that add weight.

The more important question that you fellas need to consider is.. do we really care??? it's a sports/ race car, and a good one at that. no such thing as a safe race car :twisted:
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

P.S i just re-read my post.. when i said "an otherwise well built car", i was referring to the starions, not the ve crappadores :roll:
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol