professor revhead i presume?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

decoy wrote:pwnage

Checked, nothing hanging out... bigd even checked for me :shock:
Hey hey I was um... tying my shoelace and when you went round that corner fast I just kinda fell over your side.... thought you weren't going to tell anyone :shock:
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Don't worry, you're not the first... I reckon half the forum has 'tied their shoelace' in my car right about now... :D
_

Post by enthuzed »

So you take it both ways Deeks? However you can get it I guess.

And no, I'm not interested in tying my shoelaces in your car...I'm simply not that sort of girl. :oops:

:D
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

enthuzed wrote:So you take it both ways Deeks? However you can get it I guess.

And no, I'm not interested in tying my shoelaces in your car...I'm simply not that sort of girl. :oops:

:D
Ahh it's not so bad - he even gives you $10 afterwards. :wink:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

extreme thread derailments 101 :oops:
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

bigd wrote:Ahh it's not so bad - he even gives you $10 afterwards. :wink:

LOL LOL LOL
How?
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

It's refreshing to have another perspective on the whole car scene...
It gives the subject some balance.

Unlike Bigd & Decoy who are way out of balance - but it explains balls everywhere and loose laces...
How?
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

redzone wrote:extreme thread derailments 101 :oops:
I don't think the article will make any difference to anyone that can make a difference :( We're stuck with a blurred definition of what a hoon is and speed cameras that don't save lives.
_

Post by enthuzed »

decoy wrote: I don't think the article will make any difference to anyone that can make a difference :( We're stuck with a blurred definition of what a hoon is and speed cameras that don't save lives.
Well said brutha.
How?
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

decoy wrote:
redzone wrote:extreme thread derailments 101 :oops:
I don't think the article will make any difference to anyone that can make a difference :( We're stuck with a blurred definition of what a hoon is and speed cameras that don't save lives.
On a more serious note....

Unfortunately when it comes to revenue generation, governments/police etc.. can easily find justification from the one or two incidents involving "hoons or boyracers" that the media blow way out of proportion. It's the sort of news people love reading, they print more, and the public perception of car enthusiasts is severely distorted. Unfortunately for us we get caught in both traps - "Oh look at that boyracer in his old 80's sports car. A car that old is unsafe and I bet he's doing street racing at night. Dang boyracers!" There certainly are idiots out there but the general media coverage given to rallies/cruises which go off without incident is minimal because it doesn't make good news.
Blame the media!!
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

bigd wrote:On a more serious note....

Unfortunately when it comes to revenue generation, governments/police etc.. can easily find justification from the one or two incidents involving "hoons or boyracers" that the media blow way out of proportion. It's the sort of news people love reading, they print more, and the public perception of car enthusiasts is severely distorted. Unfortunately for us we get caught in both traps - "Oh look at that boyracer in his old 80's sports car. A car that old is unsafe and I bet he's doing street racing at night. Dang boyracers!" There certainly are idiots out there but the general media coverage given to rallies/cruises which go off without incident is minimal because it doesn't make good news.
Blame the media!!
Hmmm....You're right on the money, and a lot of it's about money.
It's a fact, good news stories do not sell...

On top of that, virtually every government department, council, or other entity has to be run as a business these days...

I'm sure when those cars get crushed, the police will have their hand out for the scrap metal money too.

:x

Then there's the win-lose game - and it sucks!
This is where greed lives. There's enough to go around for all...

If we as a population weren't so screwed up (generally), the media wouldn't be able to sell their crappy tales of woe, and then we'd get more media attention of the things that people would become more interested in - e.g. motorsports closer to grass roots, amongst other things, where healthy competition can be enjoyed.

Noone gets hurt (would happen much less anyway) and everybody actually wins!

<End rave about fixing the world>

I hope someone else on here can make sense of what I've just written...
How?
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

The media will show heaps of stories about when hoons have an accident and often it's only a serious accident with no deaths.

All the accidents that i know of people i know where there has been a fatality has been a cause of speed and alcohol. You see many more speed cameras then you see RBT's.

If the police really want to see a decline in road deaths of people get more RBT's out there. Do some driver education etc.

Actually talking about driver education, i have a mate of mine who has a bit of power is looking at getting a bit of government funding to do a program. It's where he's providing a driver education with defensive driving program and looking at the results over 5 years and trying to show the government it's financially worth it to educate rather than enforce.

He's looking at comparing the cost of the program and the cost of the accidents to the community eg ambulance, fire rescue, hospital costs and showing that it'd be it'd be cheaper for the government to fund an education program.

Hopefully it'd lead to things like more places to have drag races off street etc.

Hopefully lakeside raceway on the northside of Brisbanecould be opened again. Looks possible soon though.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

woops wrote:It's where he's providing a driver education with defensive driving program and looking at the results over 5 years and trying to show the government it's financially worth it to educate rather than enforce.

He's looking at comparing the cost of the program and the cost of the accidents to the community eg ambulance, fire rescue, hospital costs and showing that it'd be it'd be cheaper for the government to fund an education program.
Then if someone will fund this long enough, with 20,000 serious injuries each year and road deaths costing about $30 billion each year (quoting the governer-general), he'll shit it in...

Having said that, why do they need to run such a long study, if it works won't they know in say 12 months?

Think of all the lives saved and accidents prevented and associated angst...
If that doesn't get them, what about the money they'll save?

I reckon everyone should do defensive driving courses as part of their license test. It's a wake up call and stuff you'll not forget.

They make motorcyclists virtually go through defensive riding as part of the learners permit, let alone the license. Why? Because it's proven to save lives...!

And for all of us with these little turbo cars, how many of us don't try to exploit them from time-to-time? If you haven't done a defensive driving course, book yourself in, you'll be amazed what you'll learn.
Especially if you see yourself as a great driver.

You get to spend some time on a race track usually - what better way is there to spend your free time & money I ask?
How?