Double Coil Over Spring set-up AVAILABLE *UpDated PHOTO*

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Jeff

I think he did a GP for these "Dual Springs" a while back (A year or so back) but not sure.

Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Bringing it to the top peeps
OO
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

has anyone bought these in aus and installed them? how did they go?
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

hmmmm 5 months old
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
kiwi_EX
I like starions more

Post by kiwi_EX »

Nope, haven't tried them, but anything from Oscar is on the level...
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

I have a set of these but haven't got around to installing them; there are 2 installation options:
1. Install using the standard sprint seats &
2. Remove standard spring seats and weld new supports for the new threaded sections.
My plan is to go with option 2 which requires a fair deal more work, hence no movement yet.

They appear to be top quality items, but the proof will be in the eating.
A number of USA Starquest guys have them, so it might be worth checking out that forum for more comments.
:beer
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Ive got a set of these and unfortuanly they are the 2.5ince ID sleeves and dont fit :(
It should be said though that I didnt buy these off oscar but from a AuStarion member, who got the with a starion he bought. But They did come from Oscar originally.

Oscar are the bigger sleeves available by them selves?
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Don't know if Oscar is around. He looks to have run off with money from both the UK and USA boys recently and hasn't been in contact with anyone. Weird because he was always good to deal with. :(
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

bigd wrote:Don't know if Oscar is around. He looks to have run off with money from both the UK and USA boys recently and hasn't been in contact with anyone. Weird because he was always good to deal with. :(
Shit!!
But it makes sence I guess. I ordered some shocks off him 5 1/2 months ago and he didnt send them and he wasn't returning my emails. Then the other week they just showed up out of the blue. I guess Im lucky....
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
BrendanUK
[P] Plater austaz

Post by BrendanUK »

Just to help you guys out, i bought a set of these for mine and i can honestly say i wasn't impressed. The tops and sleeves are ally and i took mine off after 6 months due to the fronts becoming grooved when the steering was turned and the rear sleeves rubbed on the springs wearing the thread away.

If anyone wants pics of what i mean i can do them and post them up. On the plus side the spring rate for the front was nice, the rears were too soft though, might be ok on the lighter NB body you guys got though?
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Brendan what did you replace them with? Did you find a suitable alternative in the UK?
BrendanUK
[P] Plater austaz

Post by BrendanUK »

I couldn't find anything adjustable, i could of had a set custom made with adjustable height, damping and rebound for £1200.

I ended up with fitting KYB GR2 shocks front and rear and i got hold of some adjustable shocks with height adjustable seats for a narrow body that came off a tarmac race car, so i used the lower stiffer springs from them.

It was a bit of a frakenstein effort but with out going fully adjustable i don't think i could get a better ride.