New gauge faces :)

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

New gauge faces :)

Post by Lunacy »

Just got these from the USA.

Old ones:

New ones daytime:

New ones nightime:

Sorry bout blurry pics. They have a controller that changes them between blue and green as well i love these look very cool!!!
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

The needles are a bit dull & might be hard to read a night.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Yeah im getting some EL paint to do the needles with, so they will glow blue as well. That shot isnt with normal gauge lights illuminated either so they will show the normal needles better.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Just an observation, the numbers between factory and your new ones don't match.
ie, your speed at 80mph with the new gauges will actually now be closer to 85mph due to the different positioning of the numbers compared to stock... Have you corrected for this as I do notice the needle sitting a bit lower after the new gauges were installed

If not you will be caught speeding by about 5MPH every time you pass a camera / radar as all the numbers are advanced 5MPH on new faces.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Starion_Turbo wrote:Just an observation, the numbers between factory and your new ones don't match.
ie, your speed at 80mph with the new gauges will actually now be closer to 85mph due to the different positioning of the numbers compared to stock... Have you corrected for this as I do notice the needle sitting a bit lower after the new gauges were installed

If not you will be caught speeding by about 5MPH every time you pass a camera / radar as all the numbers are advanced 5MPH on new faces.
Yup noticed that already, cant say i speed too much either way but cops are pretty lenient to 10kmh over @ 100kmh so should be ok. These are going in my track car anyway so wont spend alot of time on the road :D