Stupid forums

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Stupid forums

Post by www.18u »

As you know about almost a year ago i bought a nice clean looking cc gsr with a set of 17's,whiteline suspension and a 3 inch exhaust.I told myself that i would leave it stock and just cruise in it on weekends.Within a few months i had searched all the evo forums and learnt the differences between what i had and what i really wanted.Today i gave it a wash and a polish and took some photos..As you can see from the pics it has evolved (pardon the pun) a fair bit.

All modifications were done by myself or by Meek automotive and no corners were cut.There work is 100% and i would recommend them to any Sydney Evo or Starion owner for any type of work.

The things that have been changed.
Evo 2 body kit (guards bumper and rear wing all genuine except bonnet)
4g63 Evo 1 engine conversion
Evo 3 big 16g turbo
Front mounted intercooler and piping kit
Evo 3 slotted rotors and calipers and Mrb1's brake pads
Rebuilt gearbox,New clutch fork
New exedy clutch
Ecu caps replaced and socketed with a evo 3 chip
Walbro fuel pump

rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

nice gsr mate, are you using the factory air meter with that pod ??
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Its a 055 which i believe is a magna afm which is the same as a 609 in a evo 3.The pod filter and adapter is the same one i used when it was 1.8ltr.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

I used to have a GSR that I decked out to evo 1 standards. (I prefered the evo 1 rear spoiler) and they go real well.... until i got my starion and wouldn't go back now. Well might if it was a second car :D
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

why the thread title???
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

He's trying to Blame us coz his girlfriend wants answers to where her shoe money has gone.

:D

Tell me it aint so!
Last edited by flav on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hahahahaha thats loltastic!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

redzone wrote:why the thread title???
probably because the forums are what put the ideas into his head
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

why the thread title???
Because if i didn't find the forums i would not have learnt the differences between a Evo and a aus spec GSR and i would have never have seen all these parts come up for sale.
He's trying to Blame us coz his girlfriend wants answers to where her shoe money has gone.
Thats Funny flav! Actually she is still wondering why she isn't driving around in a new Mazda 3 but i keep telling her that the GSR is better

I used to have a GSR that I decked out to evo 1 standards. (I prefered the evo 1 rear spoiler) and they go real well.... until i got my starion and wouldn't go back now. Well might if it was a second car
Yeah i preffer it aswell but i had all Evo 2 front end so i thought i should keep it the same.Also it is my second car my starion still comes 1st she getting the manifolds and exhaust made next Friday :D