4G63 SOHC POWAAAAAAAAA!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

4G63 SOHC POWAAAAAAAAA!

Post by Mr Ralliart »

We just did our initial Dyno run on Gary Carrols black show/street Starions engine we've just completed. 278 hp at the wheels and 1000lbs of tractive effort at only 5500rpm and 17psi !! VERY happy with this as the Engine is very streetable and only has 1000kms on it so once it's got another 1000 or so kms and we wind the boost up to around 20psi , we should be able to get a fair bit more out of it utilising the entire rev range. This is using only a medium size Ballbearing Garrett and the power comes on very early .
Proof again that while Twin Cams are cool , Don't underestimate the Single cams!!
:D :D For anyone interested in having a look , it'll be at the Brisbane Autosalon this weekend.
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

dyno graph?
mods?
pics?
---------
TVR T350C
Lancerdriver
Newcomer

Post by Lancerdriver »

Yeah........... :p but it´s not only the Garrett making this power?
What else?
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

You would need some serious head work to get that power. Yes please post the dyno sheet.
Also engine bay picture would be great.
Mr Ralliart

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Of course there's more than the Garrett , but the point was that it's not that big and anyone can bolt a huge Turbo on an engine and get a big peak hp figure but this one's making power low and is very streetable. Mods are basically just a custom exhaust manifold , modified L300 inlet manifold , modified and upgraded ignition , Haltech , headwork but not what you'd call "competition", Ralliart cam , etc.
We never have trouble getting good tractable power from these engines but this one has done well so early in it's developement ! :shock:
As for posting the Dyno sheets etc. that would be up to the owner but I believe it will be all displayed at the Autosalon anyway so I'll see what I can do at a later date . :)
マンコ ハンター。

mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Mr Ralliart wrote:Of course there's more than the Garrett , but the point was that it's not that big and anyone can bolt a huge Turbo on an engine and get a big peak hp figure but this one's making power low and is very streetable. Mods are basically just a custom exhaust manifold , modified L300 inlet manifold , modified and upgraded ignition , Haltech , headwork but not what you'd call "competition", Ralliart cam , etc.
We never have trouble getting good tractable power from these engines but this one has done well so early in it's developement ! :shock:
As for posting the Dyno sheets etc. that would be up to the owner but I believe it will be all displayed at the Autosalon anyway so I'll see what I can do at a later date . :)
If you could ask the guy about the dyno sheet that would be great. People have a genuine interest on this forum. I am very interested to see the shape of the power graph.
Do you have any idea of the spec's of the Ralliart cam and it's origin?
Mr Ralliart

Post by Mr Ralliart »

The power curve of this engine was what surprised us the most , it just goes UP at an incredible angle. It does however taper off a little earlier than it should but we think we know what needs to be done , the car was finished off in a bit of a hurry to make AutoSalon so hopefully we'll get a chance to sort it out soon . Ironically we experienced similar things with my Starion tarmac car (yeah that one) but in this case the remedy will probably be different . As far as the cam goes , that and the Turbo were the only 2nd hand bits used and while we do know it's the real thing , we don't know the specs but despite the fact that it is not a pig to drive , it is very lumpy for a Turbo car and we may even replace it with a standard one as you know they are already bigish. If we decide to stick with it , we'll get an adjustable gear made and also degree it to find out what it is and I'll let you know . I can't say anything for sure though coz it's not my car . :)
マンコ ハンター。

mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Mr Ralliart wrote:The power curve of this engine was what surprised us the most , it just goes UP at an incredible angle. It does however taper off a little earlier than it should but we think we know what needs to be done , the car was finished off in a bit of a hurry to make AutoSalon so hopefully we'll get a chance to sort it out soon . Ironically we experienced similar things with my Starion tarmac car (yeah that one) but in this case the remedy will probably be different . As far as the cam goes , that and the Turbo were the only 2nd hand bits used and while we do know it's the real thing , we don't know the specs but despite the fact that it is not a pig to drive , it is very lumpy for a Turbo car and we may even replace it with a standard one as you know they are already bigish. If we decide to stick with it , we'll get an adjustable gear made and also degree it to find out what it is and I'll let you know . I can't say anything for sure though coz it's not my car . :)
Hey don't get an adjustable gear made buy one of mine :D
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

So you only did the cam in the engine on gary's car? Awesome. I can't wait to see what I get once I go multipoint.
Mr Ralliart

Post by Mr Ralliart »

I think I mentioned that there's a bit more than just a cam..
マンコ ハンター。

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

here i am guys i finally made it onto the forum i`m the guy that owns that stockish orange ja that ran 13`s at jamboree... :D yep i built the engine in 84KIT first step from here is play with cam timing via adj cam gear/replacing with stock cam,next step will be port the intake manifold & flow bench it as we didn`t have time 2 do it before auto salon.. the engine we used came outta Jack`s UK import 2lt widebody rally car, it had this camshaft already installed so we dont know exact specs.was rumoured 2 b one of the factory rally hks engines,parts of it weren`t, parts of it were.. Engine now has CP vr4 style forgies eagle esp rods mild ported head balanced prepped etc hks 4 layer stainless steel head gasket 4G64 express van multipoint intake with 4lt plenum 65mm throttle body gt28 turbo(76mm comp wheel 54mm inducer but small comp cover)custom tuned length exh manifold and a partridge in a pear tree! will post up engine bay shots(you`ll cream your pants) & dyno sheet as soon as i can figure out how i do it... Soon guys, soon. is a little bit peaky atm, but fries the 235/45/17`s when she comes on boost. :twisted: lots of fun.very heavy car 2 as its carrying about 200 kg`s of stereo over the rear wheels.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Click the link up the top if you already have the pics on your computer "Image Upload"...

Or if you are even too lazy to click that link, here is another one

http://www.fr33z3.net/upload.php
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep kewl as will post em up next time i`m on here. Just gotta get pics onto puter first....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Barney
Scorpion King

Re: 4G63 SOHC POWAAAAAAAAA!

Post by Barney »

Mr Ralliart wrote:We just did our initial Dyno run on Gary Carrols black show/street Starions engine we've just completed. 278 hp at the wheels and 1000lbs of tractive effort at only 5500rpm and 17psi !! VERY happy with this as the Engine is very streetable and only has 1000kms on it so once it's got another 1000 or so kms and we wind the boost up to around 20psi , we should be able to get a fair bit more out of it utilising the entire rev range. This is using only a medium size Ballbearing Garrett and the power comes on very early .
Proof again that while Twin Cams are cool , Don't underestimate the Single cams!!
:D :D For anyone interested in having a look , it'll be at the Brisbane Autosalon this weekend.
What sort of DYNO?

ASH
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Is that 2Lt UK Widebody still in Aus ? Any pics of it ? :P
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D