Claire's Bering Blue JA S1

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
redzone
racking my brains

Claire's Bering Blue JA S1

Post by redzone »

Hi guys, here is a bit of a run down on the history of Claire's JA.

I used to see this car back in the 90's usually parked along the beachfront at Mooloolaba during the day on a weekend, never saw the owner. It had a set of performance split-fork style mags on it like the front 2 in the Landsborough pics.. Anyways, the car vanished for a few years and i always wondered where it went! It randomly appeared parked out the front of a house in buderim in about 2005, but i didnt get a chance to talk to the owner before it disappeared again. I then got talking to a guy at Nambour swap meet who had some parts for my WB ute, he noticed i had starion parts lying around and told me his son's friend had a starion sitting in a field at his place in landsborough! I got in touch with the guy and yes it was for sale as he didnt have the money required to fix it. I went and looked at the car, trailer on the back of the ute, and sure enough there she was! I made an offer which he accepted, and she was shipped back to Redzone hq :)

Here are some pics of it in the wild...

It was the restored using the interior from another S1 JA, as this car's interior was a mess! I tidied up the rest of the car, got it roadworthy and sold it to my mate spud, who lived in beerwah just down the road from landsborough where i picked it up from! He kept it for a few years before he bought a more modern drive car & the poor Starion was once again relegated to another paddock! Fast forward to a couple of years ago and my GF Claire's hyundai shat itself, she was looking for a cheap car and at the same time spud offered me this car at the right price, needing a bit of work! We snapped it up, due to my familiarity with this car, it was one JA that could definitely be a reliable daily driver!

pic of when we got it home & polished it:

We then got stuck into the car, installing new steering & suspension components as needed, and doing anything else required for a rwc. Correct size 14 inch tyres are now dear as poison, so we borrowed the rims from my JB to get it on the road. Around this time, we went to boondall to run some rc cars & look what happened to drive in, but the car that bears a resemblance to the staz, a Delorean!

We found a set of performance 15 inch meshies from Sgt Khan and threw them on, the JA 14's are sitting in the back shed for now. I'll get some better pics of what she looks like now, we had most of the car painted a year ago, looks pretty smick! Here's one of it at willowbank, behind the widey..

Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

If cars could talk, then this one could write a book. Lol. Loved the thread Dave.
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser