Schultz JB Starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Schultz
I like starions

Time for another update

Post by Schultz »

G'day everyone

In Primer undercoat.

And with a lick of paint on the body. Just acrylic and will get some clear coats on top when I get to that stage.

I am doing the panels separate from the body because it is easier for me.
DrDeath
I like starions

Post by DrDeath »

Looking good. keep up the hard work. :beer
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah looks like some decent progress. hopefully get that clear over base to make it bring up a shine.. and obviously alot of buffing. Anyway any progress of recent?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

Thank you DrDeath

G'day GormzZ

I am not able to do much at the moment because of a small heart problem that is causing me some slight discomfort and you would not believe it but the doctor told me that smoking was bad for me. He told me to stop till after the procedure and then I could smoke again.
It should get fixed next month hopefully and then after some recuperating I will be living in the shed again, lol.

But to date I ended up welding the sunroof in after I cut the frame work out of the car. I have another one piece hood lining for it out of the spare car and have been sanding the bonnet some more and added my ornament to it. It is in undercoat now and with a little light sanding and cleaning it will be ready for some black paint.
The clear has to wait till the panels are bolted on the car. Also if I paint a car black again I might try Matt black with clear over it and a metallic additive. Just a thought......
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

ahh not good to hear mate! hope all gets well soon for you. and yeah sounds like even the smallest progress is still good. keep at it :D.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
Schultz
I like starions

Another update

Post by Schultz »

Well, finally back in the shed. I have the guards and the doors undercoated now and with a bit more fine sanding they are ready for some black paint.

That is my sunroof hole welded up. I used the top part of the actual sunroof and cut the framework and everything else away. I will be using the roof lining from my donor car, thank you donor car.

Now for some entertainment. The right guard off my car was painted black straight on the bare metal and the left guard was painted black on top of the original gunmetal grey. No primer anywhere in sight.
Schultz
I like starions

Time for another update on my progress

Post by Schultz »

I have been in the shed again. I had to sand back the body again because I didn't like the paint job I did last time, but now that I have repainted it I am happy with the result.

You can see the dust where I wiped the roof with my fingers. That was 10 minutes after painting it.

Well, time for me to get back to the shed and do a bit more. I still got the front guards and the bumpers to paint. Then after I bolt everything on the car I need to give it a couple more coats of clear.

P.S. To 1320ft,
I have sent you a PM in regards to some head studs and spacers.
Thank you
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Just out've curiousity schultz.. what sort've spray setup are you using? I just bought a new triple pump 100ltr compressor recently to keep the air pressure up at all times. Was just curious what you are doing as i'm painting another project of mine at the moment :P. Nonetheless good to see your car is starting to get some colour!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

G'day GormzZ,

I am just using a 180 litre Black Ridge 2.5 HP Compressor from Super-Cheap and a $25.00 dollar spray gun. It took me quite a bit of time before I figured out how to adjust the spray gun to suit the paint.
I had to try all sorts off air pressures but in the end I ended up spraying with 16 PSI for the black paint and 18 PSI for the clear coat. When I was using higher pressures all I got was overspray all over the place which was a real pain because I had to keep sanding back.
At the moment my problem is dust ~ I wipe the car roof with wax and grease remover and by the time I wipe the rest of the car I have to blow the roof with air because dust is back on it. I have tried putting a couple of fans pointing different ways and having doors open or shut but nothing helped yet. But I am getting there.
I will figure it out one way or another.
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

What about suspending a clear drop sheet from the roof? Also wet the floor with a hose just before painting.. Keeps the dust down :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

Thank you Starion VR4,

That should help keep the dust down. :D I will have a look what I can find.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Wet the floor before wiping the car of, and keep it wet while painting!
Make a tent around the car out of some cheap plastic?

Good work, keep it up! :beer
Schultz
I like starions

Another Update

Post by Schultz »

Well, its that time of the year where I am uploading a bit of progress again. I have managed to tint my little windows and refitted them to the vehicle.

I am happy that I am finally in the process of reassembling this car of mine and cannnnn't wait to be able to drive it again. I miss it. :D

Once I am getting my head studs and spacers I will be able to put my engine back together and back in the car, update to follow for that soon.
Schultz
I like starions

Time for another update on my progress

Post by Schultz »

I have finally managed to bolt the dash back in. What a bugger of a job.

I also managed to tint the rear window and have assembled the hatch and bolted that onto the car.

As well as that I have reassembled the engine and I am ready to bolt that in tomorrow or when I have time. I still have to retention the head studs, I figured it might be easier for me to do that in the car.

Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Good progress......keep going!