Schultz JB Starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

+1. Good work Schultz!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Make sure the drain holes are cleared out to stop it happening again. Also fish oil or something similar on the insides. Keep up the good work.
1985 JB Starion #157
Schultz
I like starions

Another update

Post by Schultz »

Thank you "redzone"

Thank you "TOMSUN"
I hate the smell of fish oil but yes I thought I better get a can of it because I would like to keep the car for a few more years if possible. I suppose that depends on the new "HOON LAWS" up here, lol.

Thank you "enthuzed"

I am getting there slowly. I have been working on the sill panels and thought I might drill a few holes in them as well to let all that nasty water out that makes my poor little car rust.

Now, for something totally different, of sorts. I got my LED lights today and just tied them on the back and added the bumper so see what it would look like.

I like it.

fugazi
Enthusiast

Re: Another update

Post by fugazi »

WTF???
Have you been saving up pix for a year, andt hen posting?
Or are you unimployed?
LOL

Good work and I admire the pace... !!! :beer
Wish I had the time.... and space...
Schultz wrote: I got my LED lights today and just tied them on the back and added the bumper so see what it would look like.

I like it.
I don't... yet, anyway... but let's see.
Schultz
I like starions

G'day fugazi

Post by Schultz »

WTF???
Have you been saving up pix for a year, and then posting?
Or are you unemployed?
rofl

I am unemployed which means I am always broke and have heaps of time. I only started work on it about middle of March but with me being in the shed for about 6 to 14 hours a day working on the car I am getting it done.

I still have to build all new steel to replace where the standard lights go at the moment and then cut some rectangular holes in it to bolt my LED's into it. A lot of work involved in doing that but I never done anything like it and I just want to give it a go. If I can't do it I just cut it all off again and then put the standard lights in.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Surprisingly that looks alright! :o
As for the fishoil there is low/no odor stuff you can buy. Even with the stinky stuff the smell goes in a few days so in your case you'll not smell it in the car at all!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I could probably give u some ja light housings to cut up & blend the led lights into so you could do it in plastic rather than weld metal onto the car? That way you could just bolt them in like standard.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

Thank you "redzone"

I appreciate the offer.
I had a look at how to do that using the plastic base from the lights instead of metal and I must say that might be a little bit beyond what I am capable of. With steel I have an idea in my head on how to do it, I made up a cardboard cutout of the shape I need and then I cut it out of sheet metal and then glue it on, seems simple to me.
After I make it, I just cut a rectangular hole in it for to bolt the lights on. I thought at first I would weld the whole steel bracket in but then it occurred to me that if something went wrong with the lights I would have a problem fixing them.
Schultz
I like starions

Time for another update

Post by Schultz »

G'day everyone. Have fixed the rust in the sills and started work on my tail light housings.

jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

What an adventure, thanks for the regular updates Shultz. :)
jb - white outside maroon inside
Schultz
I like starions

Thank you jk

Post by Schultz »

I am enjoying myself greatly and probably will be a bit sad when I have completed all the work on it. But am already thinking about a couple of other things for me to do.

That's what it should look like when the lights are on it.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Re: Thank you jk

Post by thrash »

Schultz wrote:probably will be a bit sad when I have completed all the work on it.
lucky for you my friend, the work on a starion is never ever complete
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
kailo
Dorifto!

Post by kailo »

interesting.....

looks like you might end up with a bit of a gap between the top of the lights and the bottom of the hatch.
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

G'day thrash
I know what you mean there with never ending the repairs on a Starion. When I was lying under the rear end I noticed that I will have to replace the bushes all around the back, they look like half of them slipped a bit. But that will have to wait for another time because got too much on my plate right now with what I am doing.

G'day kailo
I will fit the hatch tomorrow and have a look at the gap. My measurements were for 2 cm across the top but now that you point it out 2 cm might be a bit too much. Will let you know when I fitted the hatch with a picture.
Schultz
I like starions

A picture of the hatch on the car

Post by Schultz »

I had a look at what it will look like with the hatch on the car and I think I will leave the gap as it is for now as I am not following the original lines of the hatch. My creation is a bit flatter then the point sticking out in the middle on the hatch.
Sounds crazy but it looks alright to me. :)