Schultz JB Starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Schultz
I like starions

Schultz JB Starion

Post by Schultz »

When I first bought it.
I built myself a bonnet scoop.
Schultz
I like starions

Time for a bit of an overhaul

Post by Schultz »

The reason for doing a bit of work on it
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

You can eat eggs and toast out of it :D
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

i just wet my pants rofl
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
Schultz
I like starions

Latest Eggcup Holder

Post by Schultz »

I would show you what my latest Eggcup holder looks like but for some reason I can't seem to get the picture up, but it is on Photobucket. If you want to see it look under "Schultz".

Alspos, I like your sense of humor, I read your comment half an hour ago and I am still laughing. Also have been following you thread for your machine on here and very nice. I have to lower my seats by 110 mm and at the moment I am going to cut the inside frame out from the sunroof. In combination with my lowering skills I have got about 100 mm so far.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Re: Latest Eggcup Holder

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Schultz wrote:Image

I would show you what my latest Eggcup holder looks like but for some reason I can't seem to get the picture up, but it is on Photobucket. If you want to see it look under "Schultz".

Alspos, I like your sense of humor, I read your comment half an hour ago and I am still laughing. Also have been following you thread for your machine on here and very nice. I have to lower my seats by 110 mm and at the moment I am going to cut the inside frame out from the sunroof. In combination with my lowering skills I have got about 100 mm so far.
Schultz
I like starions

Thank you

Post by Schultz »

Thank you for that "WidebodyWoody".

when I looked I saw why I didn't do it right.

That is my poor Starion out in a Hailstorm last november and now in the shed with a few repairs on the way.

I think the picture is that bad because when I saw the rust I reckon I must have cried and couldn't keep the camera steady.
It looked good from the outside.

I reckon I might weld the whole rear end up and fit some LED lights on her.
The good thing with that idea is that I will have some tail lights for sale if my idea works and if it does
not work I will sell the whole lot for scrap.
This car is road registered and pretty well legal.
Schultz
I like starions

Lost my Sunroof

Post by Schultz »

I peeled all the fibreglass, bog and rust away. Have used a grinder to help it along a bit and will post a picture when I can.
Then I will have to weld a piece of steel in that big hole because the sunroof doesn't work and I have no idea how to get it working.
Oh, and tomorrow I will learn how to weld with my little Mig welder.
I just like to give things a go and if I stuff things up I can always get it fixed properly.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I have a good turret here for sale for $50 if you want it :)

Welding sunroof holes is always near impossible!

Ps please don't do the led tail lights lol

Pps what is the colour code of the car? Is it an original black one?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Schultz
I like starions

I am interested

Post by Schultz »

Thank you very much "Redzone"

I would need it posted to 4613 in Queensland.
I am just having a look see on the rest of the mechanism. The motor is turning over hundred miles an hour but the worm is not moving, I am looking at pulling the motor out and seeing if the gear is buggered or some reason for it not working.. I would also need a rubber that goes on the turret and a couple of plastic clips that look like they are on the end of some flat bars that should hook up to the turret.
Any pictures of how that roof and clips should look when it is in the car would also be greatly appreciated.

PS: I know I shouldn't do LED lights because I have no idea what I am doing as I am not a fabricator, mechanic or panel beater/ spray painter but it would be different and I like to give things a go.

PPS: Original colour was gunmetal grey. The colour code is HD but the last owner had it proffessionaly painted black and going by the runs in it, I couldn't really do any worse. It looked like they forgot to clean the bonnet before they painted it and had heaps of craters in the paintwork. At worst if I really stuff it up I can get it painted then.
Schultz
I like starions

Picture of the sunroof control arms

Post by Schultz »

"Redzone"
I had a look at this and the ends are broken, the arms are still useable. Would you have some of them for sale or would you know where I could get some new ones. Please keep in mind that I am in the bush not a big city so all my purchasing is done over the internet.

Also ~ how do they connect to the turret? I know how it is connected in the middle but not the ends.

Many thanks for any assistence with this major project of mine.
Schultz
I like starions

JB Starion

Post by Schultz »

I have been stuffing around all day trying to get my worm to move inside the pipes and finally got one pipe off. Still working on the other pipe. I thought I might have to grind the top pipe away carefully and then get a couple of new pipes made up with the right fittings on it.

Or "Redzone" if you happen to have a top and bottom pipe and the worm handy that you are trying to sell to me with the turret I would have to buy them of you.
I can pay with PayPal or bank transfer.

Let me know what you reckon.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

looks like a decent project there mate. yeah rust certainly sucks.. and especially when you find rust underneath bog and fibreglass that someone has done the dodgy on lol. none the less you should be able to pick up mig welding pretty quick.. obviously just leave enough time between spot welds for the new metal to cool down so it doesn't warp etc.

also in regards to sunroof. were you going to just weld a sheet of metal into the hole or clean the sunroof itself up and put it back in and just weld it in place,bog, prime and paint roof?

anyway if you were a bit closer i'd wouldn't mind coming to have a look at it haha.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
Schultz
I like starions

G'day GormzZ

Post by Schultz »

Initially I was going to cut the shape out of a car bonnet and weld that on top of the roof. I thought I might make it 1 cm bigger all around and weld it all on.

But "Redzone" actually offered me a sunroof for $50.00 + freight and I am hoping that he has a couple of spare pipes and worm drive that he wants to sell to me as well. I am going to buy that of him and fit it and make it all work again. He talked me into that but he hasn't talked me out of fitting LED tail lights yet, lol.
I am going to weld the rear end with sheet metal filling all the light spaces and the centre where the number plate goes.

At the moment I have rebuild the gearbox (pulled it apart and got the gears to move again) that is attached to the electric motor for the sunroof and am working on trying to get the pipe off, that the worm drive runs in. It is rusted in pretty bad and so far I spend 8 hours and then got the bottom pipe off and have spend a lot of time just using decreaser and crc/wd40 and finally I have a bit coming out the other end of the remaining pipe. So I reckon a few more hours and I will get the pipe off then I can go to the hardware shop buy some copper tubing and get the ends flared and nuts put on and in theory I should be able to bolt it all back together and it should work. I hope.

I have just welded some 5 mm bar onto the front of my mower and that was alright. Then I tried some thin sheetmetal on the bench in the shed and blimming hell you would be surprised how many holes I burnt into it. I have figured out that if I reduce the speed of how fast the wire comes out then I burn less holes.

I hope you don't think I am telling you my life story because there is lots more to come yet, lol, and I am hoping to be able to keep updating my posts here with pictures and blah blah blah. Maybe people will keep giving me hints on how to do things the easy way.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Cool Cool. Yeah sounds like refitting a new sunroof is easier option. Yeah practice makes perfect hey! I've only got ever so basic welding skills and just bought a new mig recently.. so can't wait for it to get here and fix up some rust in the front guards etc myself.

Nah mate thats what this forum is for! (Well how i see it anyway :P) Also may i ask if there is any intended purpose for the vehicle? Like being used on a track or is it simply just getting it looking tidy, power upgrades and street driven?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...