Can't seem to help myself/does it ever end???

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Can't seem to help myself/does it ever end???

Post by OLD FART »

Just picked up some front roll centre adjusters from Bao (Rice Thief) who was kind enough to order them from the States for me so after I get the car back from BHSS who hopefully will have sorted out the power steer groaning it will be getting the RCA's fitted along with the rear lower outer factory bushes replaced with poly as they were the only ones still original. then the Haltec has to be remapped as the 044 pump is overfueling I assume due to higher pressure then hopefully I can start to enjoy driving it and give it a good squirt to see how the new turbo spools up
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

I cant help myself either and no it never ends Rad :) :beer
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Will you need to remap the haltech, could you bring down the fuel pressure to compensate?
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

the fuel pressure regulator determines the pressure at the rail, not the pump (unless of course it's not even supplying enough to reach the determined pressure, but that's not our concern here)

if there is extra fuel due to extra pressure, it would perhaps be wiser and cheaper to look at why there is extra pressure before doing things like remapping your computer to compensate for a possibly malfunctioning fuel system?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Thrash a fuel pressure reg is only a restrictor at the end of the rail, so if the new pump flows more it will increase fuel pressure. So long a oldie has an adjustable fuel reg he can open it up to decrease the fuel pressure.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

hmm, perhaps I misunderstand how a fuel pressure regulator works..

I thought it's job was to keep the fuel at a specified pressure, so regardless of how much the pump is flowing, if the injectors are set (from factory, say) to work at 40psi, then the fpr will always keep it at 40psi regardless of when an old worn pump is replaced with a new pump that flows more?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Unless it can't return enough fuel fast enough?
popup
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by popup »

Yeah, the FPR will regulate to a base pressure, then the vacuum subtracts or or boost adds to it. Too little flow and you won't reach the pressure. too much and it the regulator may not cope, or the return pipe may not be big enough.

If the injector rail isn't being regualted, it will cause a nightmare trying to tune it as it will depend on so many factors.
1986 UK 2 litre intercooled narrow body
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

The power steer groaning is now history as apparently I had installed the filter ( no filter no warranty ) on the wrong line when re installing the recoed 200sx pump due to incorrect advice from others as to which is the return line connection on the staz reservoir :oops: :x and the lines were a bit long from the reservoir to the ps pump which is mounted on the air con bracket which has the feed hose upped to 5/8 from 1/2 inch and the Toyota reservoir is now mounted on the passenger side closer to the pump.
Now on to getting the fuel map fixed.
Then get the rear lower outer bushes replaced and the front RCA's installed at the same time then fingers xx no more problems for the rest of the year :)
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Drove car to get the rear LCA outer bushes fitted and the bushes listed in the computer were not the right ones so they refitted the suspension and I have to return and leave car while they make the new poly bushes especially for me .
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

UPDATE

I have had the rear outer control arm bushes installed and a 4 wheel alignment done as well and have added a thick round rubber bush to the g/box X member centre bolt and that seems to have solved the wheel tramp on grippy surfaces :D
However tha front RCA's were too big and resulted in a ball joint kissing the disc. NOTE my front brakes ARE NOT stock items so they might be ok if factory brakes are still fitted
Have also fixed a nagging problem in that the pipe from the cooler to the TB was not quite right and always wanted to slip off under boost and solved it by fitting a silicone 45deg reducer small end to the IC and that allowed me to fit a 45deg 75mm ally bend that now lines up perfectly to the TB.Got Mick from Exotic exhaust to TIG the BOV connector to it and IMHO makes for far better air flow so just back from a test drive and uphill at app 4500 in 2nd the back wheels started to snake about a bit :wink:
PS I think it's about time I started to grow up LOL
Last edited by OLD FART on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

OLD FART wrote:UPDATE
I think it's about time I started to grow up LOL
Nah, where's the fun in that? :twisted:
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

OLD FART wrote: PS I think it's about time I started to grow up LOL
You never grow up, the toys just get more expensive!
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!