Gormzz's Stazza..!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
niss720
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by niss720 »

the starions are defiantly underpowered! hand brake is more important than d2's!!!
Parting Blue JA Starion

Mercedes W126 420sel
Blue JA Starion (parting)
Silver JA Starion, 45000kms, coilovers
4G63 VR4 cordia
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah my handbrake definitely needs to be sorted out! haha. thing is basically gone.. might look into a hydro.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Have now got this as a backup centre, thanks pete :D. Shipping is still getting sorted for the lsd.. wing hasn't arrived yet so i'm still waiting for that.

Also ecu is being sorted out to best suit the basic setup im going for.. hopefully won't be to far of from going to mpfi..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Have primed up the rear hatch.. starting to get over the matte black on it and hadn't painted in a while so said why not! Also took the rear bar of to try get some of the ripples out've the bar itself.. and man heatgun = check, instant cooling material = negative.. what's recommended to pop the ripples out in regards to cooling resources so it doesn't sink back in etc?

Also found out that its possibly had a "love tap" on the rear end as the rio bar inside it seems to be slightly bent on the metal arms which are used to locate the bolts from inside the boot and under the car near the fuel tank. Only thoughts i could think of was try and pull them out straight or cut them of and reweld them back on straight again? Explains why my rear bar sort've hanged down a little bit and wasn't snug tight underneath the rear taillights. Anyway.. now i can't get the damn thing back on right so i've left it for a few days till i get some time with sunlight to try get it back up.

Will get some photos of it sometime soon..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Panelbeat the braces on the reo back into shape, shouldn't be too hard. Ems stinger is perfect as a basic good ecu for your mpi setup. There are a few cars running them so you can get a base map easily!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

heheheheh...welded diff! Fun!!
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah thats what i've been trying to do atm with the brace.. Just need some bigger whallops at it.. and get it straight as possible.

Yeah the welded diff shall be fun as long as it doesn't ruin my torque tube etc while on track haha! I'm keen to test it out though.. as rain sliding just isn't cutting it anymore lol.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

righteo. the rio is a bit better now after smashing it straight again.. so hopefully the bar will sit up underneath the headlights properly instead of drooping down. started prepping the bar today and trying to fix up the ripples... what a nightmare! i must be doing it wrong.. anyone approached this before and conquered it, if so how did you do it? anyway i left the bar in primer this arve due to rain coming about so will tackle more of it this week.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

You can't do anything about the rear bar ripples that will stay fixed
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

oh cool lol. i managed to get them as flat as i could with a heat gun.. but still see them when the primer is on it. No chance of using a plastic type filler on it? I've used some before at a panelshop.. but in this case ill need a good amount of it to fill it up and smooth of. Trouble is when sanding it applys pressure to it and hence possibly not getting a true line opposed to a metal car panel. see how i go i guess... otherwise it might be time to get another rear bar/rio bar.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

one slight tap and all the filler will fall off as it's not the type of plastic that anything other than paint will stick to (and even then..)

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

ehh i've just left the ripples in it and painted and cleared the rear bumper and rear hatch (now i don't have that hideous matte black hatch redzone :P) as it will do for the meantime as it looks alot better then peeling old paint! Will get a proper straighter rear bar later on or get this one fixed properly eventually..

Anyway took it for a drive tonight as it hasn't been for a few weeks.. yeah joy got a boost leak from the turbo silicone joiner onto the small plastic pipe going over the top into the manifold... Stupidest idea of a joiner as it doesn't go big to small or have a bend in it.. just a straight one and needs clamps to tighten them down.. which are now stuffed so i'll need two more of them and fix this boost leak up. Also noticed that now my oil pressure gauge isn't working? Checked there is oil in the car which is on full... but either no oil pressure or the gauge aint working. It was working perfect last time i drove it and i wasn't reading low or high oil pressure readings.. was perfect until i let it sit for a few weeks... Any suggestions?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Probably the sender, it's the same as an early 2.6 pajero

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

whats the best way to get to the sender and check if its buggered?
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

wow due to site issues recently i keep forgetting to update progress.. anyway!

LSD, Torque tube, Axles all arrived a little while ago.. so i will get up to fitting them soon hopefully! Rear hatch and rear bar as mentioned earlier got painted and cleared but rear bar is starting to crack in some areas i think (due to my slackness in prep). Regardless though its better then what it was before and i just wanted to drive it.. Drove it a bit.. now my fans don't work!? Any common reasons as to why the fans would stop working? (Not referring to fuses etc).

Anyway.. believe it or not.. i got tempted and bought another project..! A toyota mx32 cressida! Plans for it are to fix up a few spots of rust... pull dead motor out and put in a 7mgte or 1jz. Its a longer project so most of the bank department will be going towards the mpfi on the starion hopefully.. Will get some pictures up soon of more progress as words are boring!!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...