ProZac's 1982 Starion - Now with added 86!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Just caught up on 5 pages here. Man, you have bitten off big...assumed the red car was a runner hence you buying it but maybe I was wrong. Nonetheless some great design & engineering going into your machines. Keep on kicking!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

RZ - The red car didn't come with the cross-over pipe unfortunately, so no IAT sensor either. I'll keep an eye out though.

Red car was pulled apart a long time ago for paint, and never put back together really. Everything is finger tight, and a lot of bolts missing, etc. Its got good bones, but needs a lot of attention to get it going again. It did come with a slightly hacked up factory loom, ecu and intake gear, but its easier to get it going decently with an MPI setup I reckon. I'm building a custom one because I've never really liked any of the other options, plus its a good experiment.

Popup - starting from scratch. I noticed that the Link G3 ecu's had the same connectors as the EVO VI-onwards ecu's, so I ordered a new connector and pin kit. There is heaps of AVSS wiring as work in many different colours and traces, so I've pinched a bunch and built the engine loom from scratch. Its nice working with new wiring and pins for a change!

Between Uni (final year, whoopee!) and Work, I've been pretty tapped the last couple of months, plus I'm getting married at the end of the year, so there is a not insubstantial amount of time that goes into planning that, heh. It'll get there though.

Black car is currently just performing dummy-fitting roles for the red car. I plan on keeping it though, and going pretty serious with it down the road cage, R&P, good power. Current focus is on getting the red one going however, so it's pretty much just sitting there.
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

Mad mad progress mate keep it up

87 Starion EX
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Took a day off uni today and work on the car for what feels like the first time in ages.

Got all the brakes re-fitted. New discs, pads, re-kitted calipers and braided lines at each corner. Needed doing really really badly as the brakes were pretty fucked when I got the car.

Fitted an intercooler. I wasn't have a very good welding day, but its done and doesnt look too bad. Fills the air-dam out nicely, and you can see the pipe either side through the brake-vent holes, which I reckon looks pretty cool ;-).

A final shot if it looking moody in the garage.

Engine is away the the reconditioners being bored to fit the .5mm over pistons. Plus a bunch of other stuff with them for cleaning. Hopefully might get it running sometime before the end of the year. I've got a wedding in december though... so that might be a bit of a pipe-dream, heh.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Cooler setup looks like mine :-) How many starion wedding cars do you need? :twisted:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

red starions are growing on me...
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Looking good man!
Where is the black starion living now days?
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

In storage at a mates lockup, nice and warm and dry. Awaiting its return to full glory in a couple of years :-).
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Couldn't resist taking another couple of hours off study today while the car mojo was flowing. Made this, it turned out pretty nicely:

It mounts these:

Up here, behind the glovebox:

There is still heaps of clearance for the heater blower. Should keep the Fan, ECU, and Ignition relays nice and hidden. Fuel pump relay is getting mounted down in the boot to minimise the length of the power wires to it, as the battery is also in the boot. The original fuel pump wire can be used for the trigger from the evo V ECU, so no running extra wires the length of the vehicle :-).
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Another stolen couple of hours in the garage this afternoon, shhhh, don't tell!

Re-did a little bit of previous work, with is never nice. Much tidier result and this one will actually fit properly ;-). Still have to put on the trim mounting bits, but that can wait.

STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

Damn, that's a sexy looking Staz.. :wink:
Looking good zac. I haven't been on here in ages. Mine hasn't had a warrant or rego since 2011!
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

STARZILA wrote:Damn, that's a sexy looking Staz.. :wink:
Looking good zac. I haven't been on here in ages. Mine hasn't had a warrant or rego since 2011!
Only 2011? Mine hasnt had a wof and reg since 2007!
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

My car had a little too much to drink lastnight, and when I woke up this morning, it had spewed the contents of its body wiring harness everywhere!

The actual aim here, is to reroute things a bit to make it tidier. Plus, the original lighting connectors were missing, and the popup connectors were pretty corroded. Will replace them all with nice reliable DT items. It seems like Mitsy branches the loom out in heaps of different places, which then all end up going to roughly the same area? Will look much tidier soon.

I also removed the air con, coil power, original thermofan, and various other circuits, as I won't be using them. I'd love to remove the loom entirely from the vehicle and finish off getting rid of them entirely... But Ive just trimmed them off at the got fender grommet, sealed up the ends and taped them back into the loom.

Luckily, I managed to score the 1986 wiring supplement manual a while back. It covers European (which mine is), General Export, and Australian models. All wiring diagrams in awesome detail. Makes work like this just sooooo much easier.

I'd really like to scan this manual in its entirety, as good info on the Aus, Eur, and Export models can be hard to find, but its a bit tricky with every single page being a big fold-out item. Anyone have any ideas on how to digitize it?
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Send it to me, we have an A3 photocopier that scans to pdf. Or find someone in an office with the same.
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

I have the same workshop guide & was thinking the same thing.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!