Mick and avandull at Baskerville

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
avandull
Mine is bigger than yours

Mick and avandull at Baskerville

Post by avandull »

We went for a private practice at Baskerville raceway on Sunday. I went to see what my brand new set of Yokohama Advan 050 did for my lap times. They are an excellent tyre, even cold they are good. I set a new personal best around Baskerville of 1:01.6 which is 2.2 seconds quicker then my last personal best. So Im very pleased.

Here are some shots.

Too fast for me.

Jakes Alfa

Agatha the ugly Starion
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

Allan is an amazing driver, no fear, his car is very very well setup, turns in precisely, is stable mid corner and pulls away smoothly even with all that power!
1.01 round baskerville is an incredible time for any car. On the day there was a pro track rx7 series 7 with a big single turbo and all the expensive fruit, doing the same lap times as Al!

On a side not mine was an average performer round the track but was fun even so! even good quality fat street rubber is useless.
Must upgrade brake pads, shorter diff, get some 17's with semi slicks and not be so worried about running off the track!
Was fun to hang out at the track on a nice day and also pull away from a few skylines!
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Good work on the time avandall, what tyres were u using before?

Mick, good to see your car on the track, what tyres do u have on your 19s?
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Hey Allan although you looked a bit like this when you found out how much the new tyres cost :shock: you soon looked this way after a few laps and dropped your previous best hot lap time by a massive 2 seconds :D
well done mate :beer
PS good to see Mick(wish my JB looked so nice ) there as well.You were probably 1/2 of all the Starions in Tassie :)
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

Just curious as to what the wear pattern is on your rear tyres; even across the tread, or more prominent inside or outside edge?
What compound; hard/medium/soft?
Nice gain with the new boots too, well done.
:beer
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I have a couple of sets of medium compound semi slicks left over from when I was running 17" rims on my EVO 3. I will get them out and put the details up in the for sale thread as I need a bit of cash to spend next month.
Easily 2 seconds a lap difference with a set of semi's. They are not cheap though - I think I payed over $380 a piece. I think I have 7 with about 70% tread (I did 2 track days on them) and if some one offered $500 they can have them all.
avandull

Post by avandull »

Thank you for the kind words Mick,
Good tyres make an average driver look good.

The wear pattern on the rears is even across the tyre, the photo makes them look like they have positive camber, however they have zero camber.
The Yokohama 050's are a medium compound, I think they are very soft, they take about 1/2 a lap to warm them up, they grip like I have never experienced for 2 laps, then they seem to go off, and I start getting messy.

I was using a old, hard set of Yokohama 048 before I got the 050's.
Agatha the ugly Starion
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

al those tyres are incredible. extending the front arms felt like a fair difference too. any problems youve found after the meet?
i got onto the bloke who tuned mine about a gcg turbo which doesnt run out of puff :)
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
avandull

Post by avandull »

Interested to see what turbo you end up with.
Put the car up on stands and had a look. All looks good, no problems to report. Pulled the plugs out, the look good, no signs of running lean.
The extended lower control arms makes it turn in well.
Agatha the ugly Starion