Finished... more or less

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Mick
Enthusiast

Finished... more or less

Post by Mick »

its been a while since ive chatted to you guys on here and its bout time i got the point of it out of the shed, the ja has come along in the last few years.

vr4 engine, motec ecu, 20g turbo, 18psi, 203kw/540nm atw @5500rpm
19x10" wheels (DDPhils old ones))
custom bodykit based on advanced spoilers
respray in comp black tinter with a million coats of clear
custom coil overs
custom everything in engine bay.
goes ok.

thanks go to allan van d to who im eternally thankful because youre a genius and top drinking partner, and dad, wouldnt of happened without them. Also most of the austarion members ive dealt with for thier support

hope it makes the grade :P
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

Very nice looking car, you have done a great job. Never new a staz could do 19's haha.

87 Starion EX
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks mate, hell yeah they can, front needs full camber and caster to get away from the kit, back was pulled out an inch each side.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

:drool:
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Nice ride, and some serious dish there Mick.
Has that low mount got an external wastegate?
Looks tight for space there...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Looks awesome. But you need to dry it!
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Looks awesome mate :D I always wondered what happened to phils old car.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Very nice job. Now tell me about the XR in the shed, whats happening with that one? :P
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Excellent job there, Mick. :drool: :drool: :drool:
More pics and info please.

And yes, dry it before the next pics ;)
:pimp
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
avandull
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandull »

Excellent to see some pics posted of the fine looking mechine.
Agatha the ugly Starion
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

al, bask in the fruits of our labour mate... it doesnt look half bad, we'll write a book about all the dramas in the build haha.

1. www.18u.com its not phils old car just his wheels.

2. alspos and nxtime, it hasnt even had its first cut yet since being painted that just the shine off the gun... so i didnt bother drying it.

3. enthuzed its an internal gate, siamese style!

4. dont get me started on the xr wantsom;
small block winsdor, solid cam 292', 830cfm proform carb, ice ignition, manualised c4 trans, 4000 stall, 9 inch locked with 3.9 gears...
does a mean wheelie.

more info nxtime, you'd better ask the questions... theres a bit...
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Awesome... This just seemed to come from nowhere! :D
1985 JB Starion #157
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

^agreed! More pics please of the manifolds both sides. And the wastegate & pipes!

I thought about doing a low mount to keep the weight down low, but having seen this I'm not so sure. I'm trying to work out whether there's more weight with the pipes than the weight of the turbo, etc.

Where's the battery, in the boot? Anything cool and custom with that?

Thanks.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

tomsun its been a tough road, just been too slack to put up build pics, ill get around to it!

enthuzed the dump is on a nice smooth exit this way as compared to a high mount with 90 sweep out of the rear of the turbo, will post up pics soon, not handy if youre changing turbos all the time but if youve got a decent one you shouldnt have to haha.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

the battary is just in a box in the boot, ran 4 guage back there for starter motor and 8 guage for accessories.