The Starion Tow Wagon

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

The Starion Tow Wagon

Post by Lunacy »

Well figured id need something to tow the staz when its finished, as lets face it - im gonna break it at some stage :shock: rofl
Didnt have alot to spend after selling my wifes honda (she claimed our twin turbo legacy wagon as hers), so bought a 1990 Hilux surf with the wheezy POS 3 litre petrol V6. At least its manual.
As its burgundy the clearcoat on the paint is peeling in places, and theres a few shopping trolley dings but no rust anywhere.

So far ive done the following:
- Cleaned out the 20 yrs of crap from the interior
- Replaced everything steering related (tie rod ends, inners etc)
- Replaced front brakes
- Replaced rear shocks and springs that had 310kms on them :shock:
- Fixed the EGR valve so engine idles properly, and put in hard pipe from AFM to throttle body
- Put in a decent sound system
- Put on a nudge bar i bought off trademe for $1 and spotlights i got off a pajero at pick a part for $20
- Replaced stuffed front seats with some wrx buckets i bought off a guy for $40 last week :beer
- Have also got a personalised plate for it

Plans for next 6 months
- Tint all the windows
- Install 5 star alarm
- Buy some new decent size wheels and tyres
- 1UZFE conversion :)
- Cheap paintjob as practice for when i may do the starion :)

Oh yeah and maybe get the starion up and running too :)

Pics

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

4skinner!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

redzone wrote:4skinner!
lol :beer
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

I'd be surprised if it towed a trailer let alone one with a car on it LOL I towed a mates Narvara about 10kms with one and it shit itself bigtime.
Although being a 4Runner (NZ new) it may have had a new block fitted by Toyota as they did heaps of them and even honoured Jap imports Surfs for a while.

JZ engines are cheap and fit as another option, get a vvti 1JZGTE from a JZX100 Chaser they apparantly bolt up the the gearbox.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

kiwieurospec wrote:I'd be surprised if it towed a trailer let alone one with a car on it LOL I towed a mates Narvara about 10kms with one and it shit itself bigtime.
Although being a 4Runner (NZ new) it may have had a new block fitted by Toyota as they did heaps of them and even honoured Jap imports Surfs for a while.

JZ engines are cheap and fit as another option, get a vvti 1JZGTE from a JZX100 Chaser they apparantly bolt up the the gearbox.
Has had new heads already mate :) Dunno about the block though. Got entire service history when i bought it. Seems to tow ok although havnt given it a decent run yet. Will tow great when i chuck the 1UZ in it :) I like the idea of the 8 in there heard one running the other day and it sounds awesome!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Be careful of gentle bends... it might end up on it's side! LOL
4WD's... I thought you would have bought something decent to pull the starion... :wink:
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion