Lunacy's Targa Car Build

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:This thing is awesome! any idea how much it weighs at the moment?
Na not sure yet, will get it weighed once its done. Hoping itl be lightish though, altho driver definitely needs to lose a few lbs to help out too haha
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

looks gud m8
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Looking seriously cool! :beer
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

Just a quick question,with the fans being so close do you need the shroud? Just seams to be blocking alot of the radiator. Looking good as always tho
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

ooo jealous much
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

smodgee wrote:Just a quick question,with the fans being so close do you need the shroud? Just seams to be blocking alot of the radiator. Looking good as always tho
I did alot of research and reading on the shroud vs no shroud debate and pretty much gleaned that shrouding it was a better option. Would def be an interesting test though once the cars running to see the water temps with and without the shroud. There aren't alot of factory radiator fans that aren't shrouded as well, so sometimes i guess the car companies get it right :)
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

Yea with the shrouds it will create more of a suction from the fans but will it have enough air flow when the fans arnt running?

Looking good,cant wait to see it running.
you putting on your rear spoiler? :D
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

KNIGHT RYDER wrote:Yea with the shrouds it will create more of a suction from the fans but will it have enough air flow when the fans arnt running?

Looking good,cant wait to see it running.
you putting on your rear spoiler? :D
Fans not running? :beer Na i will be controlling the fans via an output on my ecu so can set them to run between any 2 temps so will see how i go and can always adjust them if she starts heating up. Would imagine they'll be working pretty hard on the track most of the time anyway.

Havnt decided yet on a spoiler or not. Im going to run a polycarbonate rear hatch and windows, so will look at wings when thats done. Prob wont run the 3 piece one, but we'll see.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well switch panel is getting there, not quite how i want it there but a few more tweaks and itl be sweet.
Then its just mounting the ecu and relays and getting well stuck into the wiring.
Have cut all my battery and earth cables today too so will have them crimped tomorrow.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

looks pretty good to me!
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

looking good dude

Maybe i should bring my ex up for a cruise some time and give you a hand,im sure theres plenty left to do :) Be ccol to see it in the targa
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well have had a small setback.
The guy doing my manifold, who for the meantime shall remain nameless, has for some reason done nothing about completing it in the last 5 weeks, since i paid for it.
When i picked the car up, after he used it to position everything right, he had done all of it except cutting the hole for, and welding on the wastegate pipe, welding on the wastegate flange, and completing the welding on the turbo mounting flange.
Since then ive had 5 weeks of excuses as to why it hadn't been finished. Luckily my father in law was going past his place yesterday, so i decided to just pick it up and get someeone else to finish it.
He has said he'l reimburse some of the money i paid, so i guess if that happens il just put it diwn to experience.
His work is impressive, and im stoked with what he has done, just a little disappointed he didnt finish it.
Anyways heres a few pics
Last edited by Lunacy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Ohhh that's a nice manifold!
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

FST4RD wrote:Ohhh that's a nice manifold!
Will be when it has a wastegate port and the welding is finished :)
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

That looks very clean and tidy.

Will you be able to street drive it too when its done?
To nice just for the track :mrgreen:

Where did you get the side mirrors from?
far nicer then my factory ex ones