Spotted in Hobart - nice silver starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Spotted in Hobart - nice silver starion

Post by 7th_skyline »

Spotted this at uni the other day - whoever owns it, if your on here (or indeed otherwise) congrats, its a very nice car !

Image[/img]
Black JA
'throw me a frickin' bone here'

Post by Black JA »

nice... spotted one at my uni too...a nice red one...
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

mmmm...deep dish.. :shock:
---------
TVR T350C
Rainey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Rainey »

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I've seen this car a few times. It now has a black decal across half of the car. Not a bad little machine. :beer
STARI//ART
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

sorry rainey!

i own the silver and black one and the very lucky man who owns that silver ja with simmons is ben cashman, not a member of the forum... yet...

just put a couple of pics up just now of mine.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Ahh, sorry for the confusion! Thats awesome, two matching silver JA's in Hobart! :beer

Turns out there are a fair few around Tasmania now, at least 8 now! :)
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

I know I put a note under the windscreen of a silver one at the Uni last year. It was sitting in the same spot for about a week - starion trouble perhaps? - seemed to be regularly parking around the engineering(?) building up above education.

There's another one in Kingston whose owner avandull knows. Saw a blue one over the eastern shore a while ago and we saw a yellow one just out of Hobart heading north. Those are only the ones I can remember from the South.

Avandull was chatting with a guy who owned one done up for dirt rallying too when he was officialling at a rally event a little while ago. There's another red one up north and avandull knows that owner - he bought his white parts car off him.

Mick I regularly see you driving up Davey when I'm cycling to work and it was me and avandull that waved madly at you in near the circus in Battery point one evening and you looked very confused.

There's others too in Tas that I can't think of off the top of my head. Avandull and I counted around a dozen that we knew of at one point.
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

I spotted Mick last night turning onto Main Rd at the bottom of Springfield. It was 7:50pm, I just glanced over my shoulder from the passenger seat of my wife's car and caught a glimpse of it going left so no chance to wave! :(

I know there is a black one in Hobart that is currently off the road at the moment, copped a tow bar through the front end and needs a radiator and headlight.
STARI//ART
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

First post of mine in a loooooong time.....

The black one that was smashed, was that the one with black simmons rims, hks intercooler kit? Wish I'd bought that when it was for sale a few years back.
shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

hey 7th ive brought a black one that had been hit in the front but it had s tandard wheels and no intercooler :(
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Ok cool.
I will have one, one day! Good to see there are a few around still.
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Keep your ear to the ground mate, they pop up every now and then. I got mine from Lenah Valley in April for what I consider a STEAL! :D
STARI//ART
*Micks Mrs*
[P] Plater austaz

Post by *Micks Mrs* »

Hey guys, i was telling Mick that on saturday i was driving through moonah and saw this old lady driving a starion. It wasn't gold but it wasn't poo brown (mike said probably bronze)... Has anyone seen that driving round at all in hobart?
I hadn't seen it before... I didnt get the best look at it tho, but im pretty sure i did notice a few dents in it, dont think that it was in the best condition at all! Obviously dont look after it-who knows!
Im just a beginner on this website.... Learning more and more about cars (especially starions!) HONDA'S ARE GAY!
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

I've got a tiny little photo of that Starion at home! Apparently this old lady keeps it on a farm, I found her friends myspace online once and left a note to encourage her to join up here. Obviously without success! :oops:
STARI//ART
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

nice one nick :D
Last edited by Mick on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210