EOI ADJUSTABLE HD REAR SWAY BAR

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Rad,

What exactly is it these guys need?

I have the rear bar off the track car and the bushes and brackets as well that they might be able to template off. Its a JB bar.

I can happily drop off whatever they may need to help them out but reluctant to load up car and trailer and leave it all there while they scratch their arses figuring what to do. LOL
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

WANTSOM wrote:Rad,

What exactly is it these guys need?

I have the rear bar off the track car and the bushes and brackets as well that they might be able to template off. Its a JB bar.

I can happily drop off whatever they may need to help them out but reluctant to load up car and trailer and leave it all there while they scratch their arses figuring what to do. LOL
Thanks Greg would be great if you can ph Matt at superior suspensions to see if that is of any help to him By brackets do you mean the complete bracket including the part that is fixed to the xmember as well ??
Regards
Rad
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I'll give him a call :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

I want to say a big thank you to Shannon & Mal for taking a Staz to Superior suspensions to sort out how to fit the blade type adjustable rear bar Thanks heaps :beer :beer
The upshot is that they will be sending me another bar app Friday week so I will keep you all posted when I have it fitted and tested at Qld Raceway provided Dave gets his finger out and my new stroker motor installed by then :D
Cheers
Rad
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Alspos wrote:Can they make a bracket sort of in a "d" shape and use a round bush? Then use just one mount hole?
After sending the GSR-V down for inspection, it looks like they will be making a " d_" type bracket,
where one or two holes will be drilled under the cross member for mounting and the top part will use the original mount.

Interestingly, my rear bar was 17mm whereas the front was 21mm! Apparently, the JA cross member is different as well,
so may need a different bracket. Will check on Monday with Shannon.

I will bring down to them on Monday for fitting.

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Mal i may be able to take the widey down aswell on monday as the blueslip place is in the street before it. I might just bog it so i can get it registered and drive it for a few weeks before i send it to be repaired properly.
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

www.18u wrote:Mal i may be able to take the widey down aswell on monday as the blueslip place is in the street before it. I might just bog it so i can get it registered and drive it for a few weeks before i send it to be repaired properly.
Yes please, I think it's just that the sway bars are different thicknesses, but the mounting points all the same, I hope, fingers crossed hey. :beer
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Anyone know what the Swaybar diameter is for a LSD equipped JD?
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

JB is 18mm, not sure about JD????
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

OK, got the car fitted with the adjustable sway bars.

24mm front
22mm rear

Drove the car out of the workshop for a test run...and after a few roundabouts and corners I was smiling :D :D :D

Nice firm ride with great balance. I didn't loose the back end with a little stick I gave it. I was surprised with the
22mm rear which was set on the middle setting (3 notches in all).

With the rear cross member, they have made a right angle bracket that sits under the member to allow for the
saddle bracket to sit vertically flat. Where the 2nd mount is above the exhaust, there is a bit of fiddling around,
but manageable. In some cases, the exhaust would need to be modified.

An excellent upgrade. :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

JD,
What model were the bars fitted to & any chance of getting some pics of the bars, unfitted & fitted?
And just to confirm, the front was adjustable too? The original post was for the rear only.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

These bars were fitted to a narrowbody. I really think it's irrelevant which narrowbody car is used. I'm pretty sure
the fronts are not adjustable, rather the combo of the two is regarded is the adjustable set-up.

Here's a few shots of the rear....poor quality photos..... but you will notice where the mounting is a problem as the
starion mount(s) are not conventional these days.

Image Image

The blurr on the bottom of the 2nd pic is the exhaust. Ideally it should be moved a a couple inches towards the passenger side.

ImageThere are 3 notches for adjustment at the rear!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

how much did it cost (front and rear), if you don't mind me asking. and how much difference does the adjustments make?
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Just off the phone after talking to Matt @ superior suspensions to find out how my bar is going & he says that both back & front bars are blade type adjustable so pls email him if you want them
matt.cook@superiorsuspensions.com.au
you might have to delete the last "s"if it doesen't go thru the first time
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

OLD FART wrote:Just off the phone after talking to Matt @ superior suspensions to find out how my bar is going & he says that both back & front bars are blade type adjustable so pls email him if you want them
matt.cook@superiorsuspensions.com.au
you might have to delete the last "s"if it doesen't go thru the first time
Yes, email is matt.cook@superiorsuspension.com.au or sales@superiorsuspension.com.au No 's'!

The car feels very tight and secure on the road. It's one of the best things you could do to a starion,
either upgrade swaybars or replace swaybar links and bushes!!

Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L