US starion makes 569RWHP on 2.6 G54 Pump Fuel

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

ah... so all starion owners dont get on after all... or maybe it IS that thing to do with guns LOL

at the end of the day who really gives a shit what a supra motor will pull with a gt35, because most of us dont have the luxury of raping our cars to tear every last kw out. glen gsr you are spot on, lets have a 4g we can drive everyday, keep its lunch down and not us round a pole.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Kr0nus
Newcomer

Post by Kr0nus »

I for one can tell you guys that the video is true. I have used the same people (Kelly, and Chris from DCPerformance) to build and tune my car to 321 hp. If you doubt the authenticity of the video please understand this was done at DC Performance (http://www.dcperformanceinc.com/). DC performance built a viper that one Sport Compact Cars Ultimate Street car challenge one year with one of their Vipers. Chis is a tuner that works there and he is a tuning genius. When I walked into the shop I had 181 HP, and I walked out with 321HP. I’d be glad to show you the dyno sheet and the pix of my motor. No ¼ mile yet though, it’s not really a priority for me.

I think that the G54B is just a mis-understood engine. No one really knew how to make it perform besides EIP and Sakura racing (7 second G54B) . I think now we (American guys) are starting to see how to extract more HP out of these engines. First by going MPI, get some porting done, a bigger turbo, a bigger cam and some proper tuning. Proper tuning I think was overlooked for a very long time.

On a kinda unrelated note. Do any of you Australian guys know about the Supra tranny bolting up to a Starion motor? Also if it is a bolt up to a 2.6 or 2.0 engine would be nice to know also. I read it on the internet somewhere that a company in Australia made a kit to do this. I wish I would have known that when I was in Darwin back in 02, I would have tried to get one back on the boat with me…..
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Re Supra transmission.

I am running a W58 using a "Dellow" bellhousing. Its bolts to the 4G63 straight io.

There are a couple of places here that do the bellhousing. Dellow in Sydney were the first I think but are not really interested now. Might run one up as a special but it was not a high volume seller. There is another place in Melbourne but I cant remember the name.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Dynojet dynos power rating. They go up to 2000hp

http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/ ... ations.php

Dyno Dynamics one, 1800hp

http://www.dyno.com.au/specs/specs_450_LB.htm

See, even on the spec sheet, Dynojet dynos read higher.
Kr0nus
Newcomer

Post by Kr0nus »

WANTSOM wrote:Re Supra transmission.

I am running a W58 using a "Dellow" bellhousing. Its bolts to the 4G63 straight io.

There are a couple of places here that do the bellhousing. Dellow in Sydney were the first I think but are not really interested now. Might run one up as a special but it was not a high volume seller. There is another place in Melbourne but I cant remember the name.
I have a G54B though. I found the place that has what I need.

http://www.rodshop.com.au/transmissions.htm

Is that the place yo uare talking about? It would be nice if it was for a 6-speed though. But, I'm sure it will fare better against 400 Tq more than a stock Starion Tranny would. Now I just need to find a custom driveline
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Alspos wrote:Dynojet dynos power rating. They go up to 2000hp

http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/ ... ations.php

Dyno Dynamics one, 1800hp

http://www.dyno.com.au/specs/specs_450_LB.htm

See, even on the spec sheet, Dynojet dynos read higher.
rofl

All in good fun guys....... :beer
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Is that the place yo uare talking about?
Yes, thats the Melbourne one.

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Kr0nus
Newcomer

Post by Kr0nus »

Would you happen to know the holding power for said Supra transmission?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Not sure what you mean by holding power but they are said to be good for 300 'Australian' horsepower ( LOL ).

There is a turbo version which can handle more but to be honest I'm not sure of the gearbox code for that. MrBishi on this forum is a better source for that sort of thing.

Cheers
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Thats like 1300 US hp? rofl

sorry, just jokes! ....i know u got the bomb. :D Mates again? :D
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

rofl
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

WANTSOM wrote:Re Supra transmission.

If anyone wants a Dellows one go through Coltspeed.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

jesus you're a smart ass flav LOL
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Castlemaine Rod shop used to have all sorts of bellhousings for all sorts of things. Perhaps they've got something lying around somewhere. I'll do a search tomorrow and see if I can dig anything up (unless someone beats me to it)
Kr0nus
Newcomer

Post by Kr0nus »

WANTSOM wrote:Not sure what you mean by holding power but they are said to be good for 300 'Australian' horsepower ( LOL ).

There is a turbo version which can handle more but to be honest I'm not sure of the gearbox code for that. MrBishi on this forum is a better source for that sort of thing.

Cheers
Well normally it's not how much horsepower it can hold but how much torque it can take. Like a Honda might have 350 HP, but only 250 (or less) Torque to the wheels. I have a decent amount of torque though so I want something that will hold up against it.

The turbo version you are talking about is more than likely the Getrag 6-speed transmission, this is the one that I would rather have. It can hold well over 500 torque, but it's a bit expensive and a little hard to come by.