US starion makes 569RWHP on 2.6 G54 Pump Fuel

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

quest wrote: Now lets hear how 'high' our dyno's read again. Or must we re-measure 1320 feet and mail you our clocks to recalibrate now ? :)
Yes 1320 feet is not 400m :wink:
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

quest wrote:NX
Even if you +/- a few pounds.... hope you're ready for a shock
11.3sec car dyno'd 400hp and 400 ft-lbs tq at the tires
10.4sec car. 489hp and 570 ft-lbs tq. This car was sprayed, 75 shot I believe. The g54 loves dope! Notice the tq, does your formula or programme factor that in ? Makes a significant difference.

Now lets hear how 'high' our dyno's read again. Or must we re-measure 1320 feet and mail you our clocks to recalibrate now ? :)

As I told you from the start; look at the turbo and the boost. Dyno or not.
quest, without knowing what the cars weigh, then I can only provide a guesstimate. Contrary to your belief, weight plays a significant role in the basic calculation that I used. There are other ways to give more precise calculations (which factor in torque, gearing, gearbox, wheelbase, tyre size and compound/contruction, rollout, traction coefficient, wind, humidity, elevation etc etc), but that isn't the point. If I used an accurate weight figure, then my calculations would be spot on. Flappa gave me all the relevant information and I made a fairly accurate basic calculation. MPH at the end of the quarter mile is a very good indicator of a car's HP, whether you wish to believe it or not.

Now as for the power being made, I don't see anyone saying that 2.6's can't do what is being claimed, it is just the way it is being claimed. Like I have said before, lets see some real world 1/4 mile times from this car.

My 2.6 makes 482rwhp@1.1bar boost with a stock head with a slight tickle in the ports ;) and I've got the dyno graph to prove it.

I know what the turbo can make, and I know that there is a claim of 569rwhp. I suggested that this car should therefore run 130+MPH down the 1/4. You say that the 'heavy' Starion that ran 10.4@129MPH has only 489 rwhp. Therefore, this 569rwhp car should run into the 9's by this reasoning, right?
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Dynos

Post by Starion VR4 »

We perhaps maybe loosing sight of a few things as well, 1st is a DYNO is for tuning and comparing power increases for a given engine to improve or achieve in improvement. That said all dynos state, Calibration need to be done weekly to achieve a standard for compairig this dyno/engine combination. That said how often is yr dyno calibrated? The 3 dynos I have worked are HEIN & Froud,(300HP) unit, SPEEDPRO 9000,& Gopower water brake unit.

At Bryants Engineering Works we constantly saw engines rated at 600HP from the US arrive here on our dyno only produce 470HP, that was back in 1986-1990 when i left that company. We had the same problem confermed by CAT, Detroit Diesel, MACK Australia on their engines. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

why would I believe weight has no effect on a cars performance ? The words 'heavy u.s. widebody' ring a bell ?
There are stock internal, tbi g54 powered old school street corollas this side ET 10s. Don't twist my words and make stupid insinuations. Since you feel that someone in this thread is dumb enough to not know that, its your job to find them. Pick again.

Look guys, we're chasing our tails here so I'll close with this.

Play around with the weights then, in order to get the results you'd "prefer". I'll stick to real cars with real results. Good enough 4 me.
You live the gospel according to "calculations" then. Primary concern over here is building fast accelerating g54 powered street cars. Put together a 'tried & proven' combo and shoot for a similar target, simple as that. Who cares about a stupid formula, really ?

So our dynos read high. Your last example failed to show that. Does it really matter ? No. Does it look like our 'crappy' dynos have the slightest impression on our outcome ? No.

I asked, what use is terminal speed or a peak hp number for that matter ? I never said its not a good indictor.
The 569hp car was only the result of dedicated enthusiasts attempt to raise the bar for street 2.6s. A gt35 @30+psi has done so for every other street 4cyl, but the g54 is different ? If it'll make anyone sleep better, hell take 1, even 200hp away from it. Won't make a whole lot of difference to a whole lot of people, and certainly won't change a thing.
What will it ET, who knows ? If I lost my mind and built such a monster, I'd adapt an auto tranny and see where it lands. Making power is only half the battle, planting it is the rest of the 'journey'.
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

Anyone?

What makes a dynojet less accurate?

I've found a Dyno Dynamics machine here in Arizona and a whole shit load in California(http://www.dyno.com.au/near_usa.htm).. But i'm not going to go out of my way to setup two dyno runs simply on conjecture..

Within a few miles of me, a friend has a widebody SQ with a built motor, MPI 1000cc injectors, T-70 turbo and aspirations of 35psi or more.

So please, someone speak up and tell me why a Dynojet is inferior.
Calibration between differing machines doesn't play a role in it, it's solely based on the owners agenda/laziness etc... There's no constant in that, just variables.

Realise, I say all this knowing NOTHING about dyno's. Therefor, I have no alliegence to any certain brand name.
88TSI-nicely modded...
01 IS300, GTE swap, 60-1 Garrett, Tein, Volk CE28N etc...
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: Dynos

Post by mrb1 »

Starion VR4 wrote:We perhaps maybe loosing sight of a few things as well, 1st is a DYNO is for tuning and comparing power increases for a given engine to improve or achieve in improvement. That said all dynos state, Calibration need to be done weekly to achieve a standard for compairig this dyno/engine combination. That said how often is yr dyno calibrated? The 3 dynos I have worked are HEIN & Froud,(300HP) unit, SPEEDPRO 9000,& Gopower water brake unit.

At Bryants Engineering Works we constantly saw engines rated at 600HP from the US arrive here on our dyno only produce 470HP, that was back in 1986-1990 when i left that company. We had the same problem confermed by CAT, Detroit Diesel, MACK Australia on their engines. :beer
Good one StarionVR4, start playing on an engine dyno and you soon see some real numbers or lack of :wink:
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Which of u stupids is upsetting the Yanks......dont u know they have the BOMB!!!
God bless AMERICA! Land of Vettes and California babes!
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

mrb1 wrote:
quest wrote: Now lets hear how 'high' our dyno's read again. Or must we re-measure 1320 feet and mail you our clocks to recalibrate now ? :)
Yes 1320 feet is not 400m :wink:
And? 8ft difference. :wtf: Wonder why that is.. Do you guys run the 400m or the 1/4mi?

Anyways, come on dyno guru's... Give it up. Everyone was so vocal before, but now? What happened? Need to be riled up before the answers come out?
flav wrote:God bless AMERICA!
Indeed, what it used to be at least. :wink: But why do you guys think bashing someone's country has anything to do with the topic at hand? Surely you can find faults in AU? A big thing for me if I lived there would be the gun issue. Might just be me though. :wink: And yes, i've been there. :beer
88TSI-nicely modded...
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

88TSI-nicely modded...
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Hey Woody .It seems that you have stirred up a hornets nest.Iam with Flav.Remember our fellow enthusiasts in the US of A not only have the BOMB but remember who has his finger on the button!!!! Reading all of your posts has been the best pain relief ever and cant wait for the next impassioned replies LOL :beer 2 all
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

JustPaus: What gun issue are you referring to? The fact we aren't dumb enough to let every man woman and child have them, and don't sell them at the corner store?

</stirring>
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

No one said that the dynojets were inferior, just that they read higher.

Can you not understand what people are writing?
Last edited by NXTIME on Thu May 18, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

toysrus wrote:The only thing I don't believe is the G54 making almost 600 RWHP from a 600 Flywheel HP Turbo :beer
So.....one of you'se on the other side care to explain ?
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

fr335tyl3r wrote:JustPaus: What gun issue are you referring to? The fact we aren't dumb enough to let every man woman and child have them, and don't sell them at the corner store?

</stirring>
Indeed, yes. And neither do we, only law abiding adults may have legal access to guns. Corner stores don't sell guns either. I'd strongly suggest checking your information's authenticity before speaking next time. Surely you don't buy into the fear driven propaganda that only hurts legal gun owners. You must realize my friend, guns are a great equalizer. Without them, criminals have the upper hand. It’s that simple.

Say I am a criminal, hell bent on utter mayhem due to serious psychological problems, compounded by a sexually and physically abusive childhood. It just so happens, I’m 6’7”, 265lbs and have been involved in mixed martial arts for 15years(akido, jujitsu and krav maga). There’s very little you could do to stop me from murdering you and your family after raping whomever I choose, looting your possessions, and burning your house to the ground. What can you do without a weapon? Remember, I’m a crazed criminal, I don’t care that owning a gun isn’t legal. What are you going to do? Nothing? You die then, only after you witness the worst possible things happen to your loved ones.

What would you rather happen? The 105lb 5’3” female gets raped at knife point and murdered, or she defends herself by blowing his brains out the back of his head? I’ll choose the latter.

It may not be as large of an issue there, as it is here. But when you have foreign army personnel, acting as an armed tour guide to smugglers who cross your border and kill any who oppose them, you may just want a sidearm on your person. We are flooded with guns, legal and illegal alike. Banning gun ownership now, will just create a free for all open season for criminals to do their worst. There’s been countless interviews of people in prison, who state that they will not attack/rob/rape/murder someone who they know is armed. They’ll simply look for an easier target.

I’m not here to “be right” on a message board. In this gun related off topic chat, I merely offer a reality based opinion formulated from experience. I actually care about the well being of normal good willed people, and can only hope you feel the same way. Contrary to what my opinion of you could be, based on that ill-informed abortion of a response, I’ll await the sensible side fueled by reason to emerge from you.

Can you guys still have shotguns/rifles in your homes?
NXTIME wrote:No oine said that the dynojets were inferior, just that they read higher.
Okay, none of you said the word inferior. But from the mere idea that it reads higher, in fact makes it inferior in my opinion.. My question, which you all decide to dodge, is WHY? What makes it inferior? And what is a better dyno machine. I mentioned the dyno dynamics machine that we in the US have access to, all I asked for was a reason to use it versus any other..
toysrus wrote: So.....one of you'se on the other side care to explain ?
I’d like to see an answer for this aswell. It seems to me the GT40R or GT42R would be better suited for the job.

For people wanting 1/4mi times, I can only state that our trannies wouldn't last an "all out run" with that kind of power.. Chad(IMSA starion owner-DOHC 2.6L etc..) has broken the tranny's output shaft on the 1-2 shift, to the effect of it wedging itself against the tranny tunnel. He runs a 62-1 which he states flows 1425CFM. He's came up with a conversion for a T56 tranny to be used, and the guy with the supposedly 569rwhp run is in line for one. Perhaps instead of bashing someone from over the sea, you could speak your mind where those who can give you the best answers can hear? :wink:

You guys asked for a dyno sheet. I provided it. I ask for you guys to back up your statements with logical fact or even theory, and I get nothing except xenophobic responses that lack even the most limited cognisance of comprehension skills attributed to prepubescent teens. Maybe I caught you guys after a night at the pub? I've been here for years, reading everything I can and enjoying my stay. This thread is by far, the worst for showing Austarion's good side. It's too bad really.

I post about a stock turbo'd 2.6 powered widebody posting a 13.5@101mph 1/4mi timeslip, after seeing "4g63 is better than g54b".. Fact is, you put a g63b in a widebody and it will be slower in stock form. It's been done with a dohc 4g63(14b turbo). Someone care to show me a full weight widebody with a TBI SOHC g63b go 13.5 on the stock turbo? But who gives a shit? We all are here for one reason. The Starion/Conquest. :beer

I think you fellas need to bring Roger back, as his departure has left you all far too uptight.
88TSI-nicely modded...
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

The 62-1 Compressor only flows 900cfm......can't believe you didn't pick up the mistake, 'cause 1450cfm is way past T88 teritory......

Us guys down here are just sick of people quoting HP numbers or time slips from the cars over in the US. 99% of the guys over in the US always run on race gas and the tracks are better prepped than ours down here......but unless we're wheelspining here, then the tracks are even between both countries.

You can take any compressor wheel way out of its effciency range with a huge Intercooler......it works, just not the smart way to go about things :beer

Forget all the bullshit been said, the facts are, the Turbo used is rated for 600Hp at the Flywheel, the result was almost 600Hp at the wheels. You would need to run a huge Water/Air Intercooler at that volume of air flow to get the Turbo to work ok outside its 55% effciency map. Like you said, 600rwHp is GT40 territory.

So you agree, the Dyno is on the high-side ? That's all everyone is complaining about, 'cause Widebodywoody is going to be highly dissapointed when he runs his setup @ 32psi and doesn't see any 500Hp numbers......

Forget the guns debate, I don't know why anyone brought it up.....start it in a new topic !!
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D