EU spec Starion, basic model

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

if you need good s/h rear calipers i can send a pair over :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

redzone wrote:if you need good s/h rear calipers i can send a pair over :)

I'm waiting for the call about the reco kit, the guys at the shop were quite eager to help in any way they could but Starions are very rare here.
This shit rainy weather has an advantage though, I have time to polish the calipers, so when the rubber parts arrive I just have to assemble the whole thing and install it on the car with the new brake pads.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

I guess I got lucky, there is a guy who can get the required parts for me, if everything goes as planned I'll have them tomorrow.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

I had a little time on my hands in the last couple of weeks so I started to restore the engine bay to factory look and spec. I wasn't a fan of that particular red/blue colour combo. I removed the TD04 turbo because it wasn't in a very good shape, installed the TC06 from the parts car, changed all the blue parts in the engine bay to black ones(almost), installed the factory heat shield after I painted it, changed ignition wires, spark plugs and air filter. The MAP sensor started to act weird so I decided to resolder everything inside it. So far it works as it should.
It is far from complete and as usual it's dirty but here is a picture:

I had the pleasure to remove the drivers side speaker from the dash on the parts car without removing the dash, it's not as easy as I thought it would be but it is definitely possible. With this new knowledge I can change the speakers on the red car when I get a set that fits.

I got a good deal on an intercooler which fits into the Starion so I'll have to think about the piping a little, I hope it'll be installed in a week or so.
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

I had the pleasure to remove the drivers side speaker from the dash on the parts car without removing the dash, it's not as easy as I thought it would be but it is definitely possible. With this new knowledge I can change the speakers on the red car when I get a set that fits.

I got a good deal on an intercooler which fits into the Starion so I'll have to think about the piping a little, I hope it'll be installed in a week or so.[/quote]

If you ever want to share how to do the dash speakers it would be very much appreciated! :P
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Krorz wrote:I had the pleasure to remove the drivers side speaker from the dash on the parts car without removing the dash, it's not as easy as I thought it would be but it is definitely possible. With this new knowledge I can change the speakers on the red car when I get a set that fits.

I got a good deal on an intercooler which fits into the Starion so I'll have to think about the piping a little, I hope it'll be installed in a week or so.
perrinsohc wrote: If you ever want to share how to do the dash speakers it would be very much appreciated! :P
I'll post a guide with pictures when I get the new speakers.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

The progress got slower unfortunately, mostly due to work, but we started to chop up the parts car. I'm not sure if any of you have ever saw a Starion that is so rusty:

And that's not all :D

Edit.: Pictures fixed.
Last edited by Krorz on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Ooooh shit! :o
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

STARUSTION IMO
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Death trap. It needs to be killed
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

OLD FART wrote:Death trap. It needs to be killed
Work in progress... :) We removed the front suspension and steering box today, hopefully tomorrow we can remove the rear suspension as well and then we can proceed to the chopping part :)
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

That is crazy how it can rust like that, even harder subframe metal is just falling to pieces. Reminds me of pics of the titanic under the sea! lol

87 Starion EX
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

thank god we dont salt our roads here in australia. not that it gets cold enough.
robert26t
Enthusiast

Post by robert26t »

that rust is similar levels as my jb parts car. such a shame :(

Engine bay looks MUCH better!
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

This car was running until around 2003 and I think it was too rusty to save even then, that's why the owner decided to give up. Or maybe it could have been saved, if the owner had the funds and willingness to do it. But judging from what I've seen, this car was used until it worked and when something broke, they bodged it and carried on. It is quite sad to see a great car in this condition.
Since 2003 this was the car's home until we got it:
It was surrounded by 2 meters tall weed (not the type you can smoke:) ) and other car parts. It was quite a job just to get the car out of there.
I think storing a Starion on wet grass is not the best way preserve it if it's rusty already.