new engine-WARNING!!!! ITS BEEN STOLEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

geez mate ur lucky! must have been kids eh? did u find it in your local area?? nothing quite like a small army of rev heads to mete out some rough justice to car thieves.. hope they get some good fingerprints off it.. was the engine run in yet?? probably copped a caning..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
ukstariont3
I like starions

Post by ukstariont3 »

no, the engine only had 150 miles on it :roll: :roll:

so the engine may be dead :wtf:

but it had the standared ecu, so he could not have boosted over 14psi because of the fuel cut.

so may be ok as long as the fueling was ok?????????????????????????????????
any one got an idea????????????????
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Get a compression and leakdown test done, that should give you some more info.... Although its hard to tell on a new engine, as its probably not bedded in quite yet? Hrmmmmmm :/. Fucking pricks.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

so sorry to hear it mate thats so fuckin gay!

glad to hear its all insured thats a big phew!!
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
lowlancer
I like starions

Post by lowlancer »

I've been following this with interest, and when I saw it was nicked, I was gutted1 None of my workmates could believe it, all of us were ripped for ya!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

ukstariont3 wrote:no, the engine only had 150 miles on it :roll: :roll:

so the engine may be dead :wtf:

but it had the standared ecu, so he could not have boosted over 14psi because of the fuel cut.

so may be ok as long as the fueling was ok?????????????????????????????????
any one got an idea????????????????
yeah i wouldn`t give up on it yet... u just dont know 4 sure what they did. they could have even driven like an old granny for all u know! unlikely though....

is there rubber stuck to the rear inner guards etc???

my dad used to run his XU1 torana race car in with 2 "soft "laps of lakeside before getting stuck into it. i would suggest that if it was built "loose" then it`ll probably be ok. but if clearances were all low it might have caused some damage, but you`d be surprised what u can get away with SOMETIMES!

looking at the misfortune u have had, i`d say ur due for a change of luck!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
ukstariont3
I like starions

Post by ukstariont3 »

well, been driving the car for around 150miles , and all seems well.
therte was no rubber any where, and the tyres are in ok shape.

when i first dove it, it would not boost above 5psi, so i checked the timing and adjusted the timing.
the timing was around 12 degrees btdc, so i adjusted it to the factory setting of 8 degrees btdc, and now it boosts to around 10psi.
it all neeeds setting up, so should be ok.

all oil pressure etc is good.
my engine builder has said run it for 100 miles, we will drop the oil/filter and coolant. then he will set up the fueling and boost :D :D

looks like my luck may of changed ??????? :P