Starion 1987 EX

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

or that the handbrake was left on :P
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

OLD FART wrote:
perrinsohc wrote:
OLD FART wrote:The piston in the rear calipers has to be wound back when you fit new pads
I tried winding them back. Felt like they were right back. But the thing is im using the original rear pads and something has changed between taking them off and putting them on. The only way I could get them on was sanding the pads back a couple mm to get the on.
Check that you don't have a seised handbrake cable
Very good point but have lots of play in the cable, its the arm of the brake that isnt letting me attach it to the cable, im going to take it for a drive when i get the drag link back, brake hard a couple times and see if it loosens up :o
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

Last couple of pics to add from the front end, then the car with some wheels on and weighted down in the back to sit the car back to original position.

Would have liked to clean the car up a lot more underneath but due to limited time being a student im going to save it for another day, things like front cross member , gearbox and surrounding area too. The aim was to get as much surface area cleaned up and rust kill painted for protection and try to get a good look at the same time

Image :P :P
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

Car is in for wheel alignment tomorrow. Finaly almost all done rofl
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Mate. Wickedness wickedness increase! :D
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

installed a new Trust exhaust muffler on the car today along with a fresh new warrent of fitness. something to give the car a taste of jdm until new all the way throught exhaust system installed. Thanks to Hamish and Johns Road Wof garage. Will get a pic on here later in the week of it, really makes the car aesthetically pleasing from the rear end.
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

Some pictures of the new trust exhaust, as you might be able to tell i was going for a "stock" ish look for now. Also started repairs on the front kit myself as quotes to get it fixed where ridiculously pricey.

Updated...
All together now... sort of, sorry photos taken from phone camera

I was too upset to leave the 3 piece off any longer, i just want it back on the car so will do my best to stick it back together using a range of glues, bogs and a big reinforcing bar haha
:beer
Last edited by perrinsohc on Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bridgey

Post by bridgey »

hey man saw your car saturday night.. recognized the towball... looked and sounded great
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

bridgey wrote:hey man saw your car saturday night.. recognized the towball... looked and sounded great
Cheers mate, yea i was taking her out for a quick spin around town, only sees the road every couple of weekends :P Where abouts where you?
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

So the holidays have started so its back to work on the Staz, im finishing a bit of unfinished work from when i got it, going all the insulation and sound deadenings, its all pretty rotten and awful looking anyways. A good general inside tidy up so far as well, here as some yummy pics, thanks to Hamish for the hands and Jeremy for the hookups

Keeping it all 80's

perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

Just a few updates of painting etc. Did lots of tiny rusty spots and re taped some of the loom etc.

Last edited by perrinsohc on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Great work! It looks like a new car.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Great transformation. Car looked great to start with. You are doing a great job on tidying it up and detailing it.

Nice ride :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
perrinsohc

Post by perrinsohc »

Just a couple more things ive been upta on the starion in the last couple days, began glassing the front kit up, getting it structurally secure, and installed central locking!!!!! So freaking cool! anyone else done it? It wasn't the most pleasant of tasks thats for sure, and the kit wires weren't long enough for each door so, double or triple the soldiering

Guy off trademe forgot to put the acutator rods in so I made my own outa bike spokes FTW

Quite a while sorting out previous owners, "quick jobs" and mess in the wiring department
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Great work mate! :beer
Glad to see your looking after it.

I used the same rear bush kit from the states. Its a nice bit of kit :)

We should sort out another Christchurch meet/cruise when the weather warms up.
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage