US starion makes 569RWHP on 2.6 G54 Pump Fuel

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Someones gotta have the real figures and mods for this unit. One of our US friends needs to give a rundown to keep everyone calm here.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

On listening carefully to that dyno run it was on power for approx 3-4 seconds. I guess most people could build an engine that lasted that long.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

most people could not build a g54 30+psi/gt35 period! Try it then.
No surprise that you think its easy, and since you 'guess' its a 400hp setup, you are just as clueless.

Thread clearly proves that you guys have *NO* answers to the simple questions I've put foward

flav,
full details of the build on SQ club and KDM forums. I've singled out the most important; gt35 @30+psi

YES, my first post agreed totally on the dyno video. I've since then moved over to the motor itself, but the horseshit continues!
Lets put the video aside for a second, shall we. Change topic.
To any of you here, try answer this;
What do **YOU** think a g54 will do with gt35 @30+ psi ? Its a VERY simple question that NOBODY wants to address! Too busy hateing.
Now show me the car/dyno I've asked for.... gt35 @35psi.

NX
was that FJ dyno a gt35 @30+psi ? Certainly can't be, it should show 400. Our pos dynos show 500, remember. Speculation ?

since you are so wrapped up in '1/4 mile verified' hp figures.
Another 500hp 2.6 I posted about here a few months ago runs a tremec 5spd & 3.90. He has ran a couple different smaller t3/t04s and posted several dynos from hi 300s up to 500 currently.
His latest/best 1/4 mile ET is 11.4sec
Are the dyno numbers all full of shit or just the gt35 500hp run ??

Two 'other' 2.6s have posted 11.2sec ETs, on totally different setups. All 3 are heavy widebodys.

Tell me, how much HP did the dynojet show for both 11.2 sec cars ?
And the 10.4sec street 2.6... how much "realistic" power it has ??

There you go. Argue the *facts* until the cows come home if you like.
You will NEVER get a timeslip (ET or mph) indicative your your motors power potential UNTIL you get all your ducks in a row. NO magic or shortcuts here.

Ever hear the 2jz supra guys famous saying ?
"whats the difference between a 400hp street supra and a 600hp one ?"
"They both run 12s"
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Don't be mean to america fellas, they'll sue/invade/both
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

jrod82 wrote:Don't be mean to america fellas, they'll sue/invade/both

Not that you're trying to stir anyone up aye? LOL
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

GT42 flows between 83-95lbs/min. Take the best case scenario that the FJ20 made 660rwHp with the 83lbs/min compressor wheel.

So, what you see is a Turbo (GT42) which flows 38% more air than a GT35 but only make 90Hp (16%) extra on a Dyno dynamics dyno over the 2.6L with the GT35 on a DynoJet.

If the DynoJet was accurate, then the FJ20 should of made 800rwHp which wouldn't be right since that size GT42 Turbo is only rated at 850max Flywheel Hp.

I'll conclude this with, really no dyno is accurate, but the HP numbers you get on the Dyno dynamic dynos prove to be consistent with the vehicles terminal speed down the 400m track here where I'ld beleive that most US owners are a little dissapointed after running their vehicles down the track.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Gary
Big Dorifto

Post by Gary »

The only thing I discreditabout anything on the 569hp yellow car is was said to be a 'daily driver'. The yellow car was running 100 octane. This to me is not 'pump gas'. I think it was declared pump gas because it came from a pump in which you can pull up and pump 100 octane...not from a typical gas station... typical pump fuel over here is commonly around 87-95 octane max. This car had a highly experienced tuner with a custom cam(specs not yet revealed publically) that required heavy head machining for lobe clearance. Here is a pic on the engine bay of the Yellow Car pre-Garrett.
http://www.26liter.us/cardata/headers/q ... netics.jpg

There is another car that does around 470rwhp with a GT35R @ 32PSI on race gas (prob 110 octane) with a TEP Built Motor. His car is amazingly reliable and driveable as he has upgraded the tranny to a built Tremec T5 and a custom drive shaft and he still retains the stock rear end. This car gets driven hard on the street and at the drag strip. I have be fortunate to see this one on a couple of occasions in person. If I recall correct he may of even gotten into the 11 sec range at the drag strip. For a preview in the video below he is doing what he does best on the street. A SS camaro stateside is rated at 320hp from the factory and this one in the race video below is definately not stock.

http://www.26liter.us/videos/owners/dav ... tarion.wmv
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I got the list of mods off him, they were something like JE forgies and preped rods, GT35 turbo, Magna MPI with the lot of fuel mods to support. MAssive custom cam, and 30psi. Plus i think there were a few extra bits here and there but I can't remember themm exactly. Oh, and PWR IC and 2.5" IC piping. (exhaust of course too)
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

quest, once again you have misread my point regarding the 1/4 mile as a performance/hp indicator. I am well aware of the 400hp v 600hp similarities when it comes to ET's in that traction is the difference that makes them run the same ET. HOWEVER, you will find that the MPH is much different between the two. I am very interested to know what MPH those 11 and 10 second heavy cars have run. I am sure that I could give you a very accurate power figure based on their best trap speeds.

The dyno I posted was of a larger than GT35 compressor wheel, however, the same enginehas made well over 450 with a GT35, I just haven't found the dyno print out yet.

I, personally, am not doubting the fact that it makes excellent power. There is no "hateing" here. Just the lack of proper evidence. Once again, I have seen a STOCK 250hp car 'make' 600RWHP right infront of me, so posting a dyno run of a car without even showing figures or the chart is a waste of time as it doesn't show anything. Dyno's can be made to over/or understate an engine's HP figure, however, a car's TRAP speed can seldom be increased beyond its capabilities. This is a FACT.

Nonetheless, the 4G54 is still a potent engine as has been proven here despite its drawbacks. I think you should tone down and dont get so defensive.
Last edited by NXTIME on Tue May 16, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Gary wrote:The only thing I discreditabout anything on the 569hp yellow car is was said to be a 'daily driver'. The yellow car was running 100 octane. This to me is not 'pump gas'. I think it was declared pump gas because it came from a pump in which you can pull up and pump 100 octane...not from a typical gas station... typical pump fuel over here is commonly around 87-95 octane max. This car had a highly experienced tuner with a custom cam(specs not yet revealed publically) that required heavy head machining for lobe clearance. Here is a pic on the engine bay of the Yellow Car pre-Garrett.
http://www.26liter.us/cardata/headers/q ... netics.jpg
One thing is for sure you could not run that turbo setup in our cars because it would hit the steering box.

Anyhow good luck to this guy. My comments relate to the dyno testing being a little non-real world.
It would be interesting to see if it could last 5 laps of Eastern Creek. But I guess if it's built for drag racing it doesn't need to.

I have seen a twin turbo Chev make 1000HP on a engine dyno. The sound of the turbos was so loud you could hardly hear yourself think. It also raised the temperature of the huge highly ventilated dyno room by 15 degrees celcius in about 30 seconds! It was actually scary to be in the control room, it was like if something breaks it's going to take out a whole wall or something :)
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Well if noting else, it got the blood circulating, and some tempers hot. Lets just agree 2 disagree. Cheers 2 the good old boys from the down under boys! :beer :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

VR4
The discussion would've been alot more productive if it got people 'thinking' instead of blood circulating.

NX,
I'm not even wound up. You're reading too much into 'text'. :)
I do admit its quite annoying to see 'the few' who so readily detract, but can't produce ANY data to compare whatsoever, or worse, at least rationalize as you have. I have no problems at all with your input.

10.4 @129mph, heavy u.s. widebody. What hp ?
11.3 @119mph, heavy u.s. widebody. What hp ?

We'll just disagree on the mph vs hp since you think traction, gearing, driver skill etc has NO effect. What you are saying is that I can spin the whole of 1st, 2nd & 3rd, with a poorly mismatched 4.88 gear, shift way too late (further past tq peak), but mph the same regardless, because ONLY the hp matters ? Never.

To add, while mph maybe a good hp indicator, what use is it really ? Tripple digits on our public highways ? There is no 'prize' for it in the contest of acceleration. Looks pretty foolish screaming 'mph' after you got smoked badly in the 1/4 doesn't it.

And the 400hp outperforming the 500 ETs, are two 'real world' comparable 2.6 examples, not derived from some formula. Fact.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

quest,

Of course I would need the actual weight of the vehicle, however, I can guesstimate it:

10.4@129MPH would have about 520-530rwhp
11.3@119MPH would have about 410-420rwhp

I never said that driver skill, traction and gearing etc have no effect on 1/4 mile performance, however, I did point out that with a few other factors, a 1/4 mile TS will give an indication of power as there is a direct relationship between weight, velocity (speed) and time. I am well aware of the variance in ET's due to the other factors mentioned. Furthermore, of course there is an assumption that more than one run is attempted and the attempts are not done by grandmother drivers. Let's be realistic here and ignore outlying attempts and set ups.

Do you at least agree that dyno's can be manipulated into giving very false readings? And the fact that a car cannot attain a certain 1/4 mile TS unless it has a certain amount of power (for a given a weight)?

So therefore, the 'real world' 400 v 500 v 600Hp example might see all three cars run a similar ET, you will find that the respective best TS will be quite different.

Now, when this 569rwhp car gets to the track, it will have the potential to run low 10's @130+ MPH. I would definitely love to see that.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

This is a little OT, but just out of curiosity what would an N/A 2.6 in a 1000kg car on road tyres have if it ran around 14.5 at 102mph with a dodgy start and too much wheelspin?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

*gets shit stirring stick out and replies*.....

The answer will depend on whether you're in Australia or the US :D

That is all.

* goes and hides behind nuclear proof shield *
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.