Update 4ws car

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

kiwieurospec wrote:Thanks to JAS it now has a dash and almost complete interior. Cheers mate :beer

Also had glass fitted last week so looking more complete every week.
No worries mate :)
I enjoyed it... starions really are a disease, or so my partner say's :)

Let me know when you need some more help.
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Shit been a while :)
Today a Holden spewed a diesel/oil mix over the bonnet of the car while I was starting it with its intercooler off so I had to wash it. Took a couple of cell pics while I was at it.
Not far to go now but it may have to wait until holidays before I attack it again.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Gezz mate. A year between updates....
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

yeah well history sure does take time LOL
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Yeah give us another year and I see if I can some more progress LOL

I have to say without JAS's help it may still be languishing in the corner of the workshop, so thanks mate.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

See that Hillman Imp in the background. I cut my driving teeth in one of those when I was 14. My dad had one as his run around car and every time he and mum went out, I grabbed the Imp and did blockies in it.

Never got caught (or so I thought, the buggers aka mum and dad knew all about it and just let me go). Those were good days LOL

Sorry to hijack. Now get back to getting that car finished and on the road :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

When did the 5 stud hubs go on? Wasn't it a 4 stud originally?
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

kiwieurospec wrote: I have to say without JAS's help it may still be languishing in the corner of the workshop, so thanks mate.
No worries mate :)

I find its more fun working on someone else's starion for some reason :)
Or maybe its the fact Im doing it with someone else.
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

enthuzed wrote:When did the 5 stud hubs go on? Wasn't it a 4 stud originally?
Only partly converted rears still need to be done and I'm not entirely sure on how I'm going to do that.

On the Imps, they're fun wee forgotten cars. The blue one in the first photo is a $160 parts car that was to good to wreck, now road legal after sitting for 25 years. White one is a 1 owner local car going back on the road been sitting for 14 years. They blow headgsakets/crack heads and then get left to die.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

re The mighty Imp.

Yeah from memory the head gasket was a weak point in Dad's. Seemed the cooling system struggled a bit in the good old Coventry Climax engine, particularly when it was slanted over like it was in the Imp. The rubber doughnuts used to chop out a fair bit too from memory.

One thing I do remember is I thought these were a mighty car for what they were back then. Very fond memories of them. Dad's was a MkII. We yearned for a GT version but alas never got to getting one.

How are parts for these things now. I imagine they would make sourcing Starion parts a walk in the park by comparison. LOL
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

No everything can be bought new and well priced from England, including complete new engines and transaxles :shock: just got another stash of rubber donuts, you can get stronger competition ones but a bit harsh for road use. I recently bought all the gasket sets left in NZ as well but the better oils and coolant nowdays I think prolongs their life a bit.

I've been done the road of modding them but feel they're best with a sport head and cam and extractors, you can buy bigger blocks 903cc to the 1000cc big block LOL

We have a Mini and work on heaps of them but I think the Hillman/Sunbeams are a much better car handling and performance wise,
they got a bad name early on for overheating due to being rushed to the market but by the mk2 most things had been sorted.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

kiwieurospec wrote:
enthuzed wrote:When did the 5 stud hubs go on? Wasn't it a 4 stud originally?
Only partly converted rears still need to be done and I'm not entirely sure on how I'm going to do that.
86/87 widey rear spindles, your spindle flanges, widey rear rotors and caliper brackets..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Thats the plan I have the 5 stud components, but my 3 bolt axle flanges may not fit the wheel shaft, or the shaft may be to long/short for my hubs in which case I'll have em re drilled to 5 stud.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah i'd be surprised if the inner spline is different, if so they've made more work for themselves while prototyping it........
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

With the help of JAS again we got this going at the weekend, got the fuel pump going and replaced some injector seals. Runs nice, accept when it gets to operating temp and you go to rev the engine it just revs up and down?? Was going to take it for a drive yesterday until I struck this little problem.
It should go to the panel shop for a few things later in the week.