Exhaust Project

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

lookin good-As they said you wont see it,but you will notice diffrence.I made a sim one but blocked off the gap between the wastgate flap and turbine wheel and made a siamese dump pipe.
Last edited by spinners on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigma_turbzz
Lil' Dorifto

Post by Sigma_turbzz »

JD_Stazza_Brendan wrote:He could probably clean that weld bead easily with a wire wheel.
Are you serious ? Wire wheel ? rofl

You'll need a grinder and with some skill, it'll look reasonably good enough to show off. :)
BLOFLY
I like starions

Post by BLOFLY »

Good work mate, hope the system gives a good power gain, that's what's it's all about :beer
SOHC, Multipoint, Steampipe Exhaust Manifold, Intercooled.
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

I figured out to upload the photo :oops: .Any updates on your exhaust starion turbo?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Hey spinners,

Nice dump with wastegate setup, I did give some thought to adding a second wastegate dump pipe but desided not to this time, could likley ad one at a later stage.

Compressor,
If I had to pay a welder to do it then i'd more than likley have to get them to also lay it all out, cut it and basically design it to the car.
Everytime you weld, cut or join something another section is then worked off of it progressivley to get the fit right. Try and do it all in one go, have it welded and you'll find that it wont fit right in any spot especially at the mounting flanges.

There will be an update, hopefully later 2day as im onto finishing it now, just breaking for lunch then gotta fit final bends to rear muffler, final weld, fit and cleanup.

Won't be a show item obviously or i'd have paid over a grand for it to be done propperly, but should be practical and figers crossed not too loud.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

doing this mod in the late 80's it was believed that a 1m wastegate pipe blended into main exhaust gave best results. The 90deg entry you have would disturb the main flow I would guess?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Finished,

Final exhaust vs old exhaust photos below

Not tested for sound level yet but its too loud so i'll have to install something else to silence it more :(
Will Add a picture of exit muffler on car tomorrow.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

I like it. How much did you save by doing it yourself?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

dunno, whats a full stainless system and dump pipe worth from a reputable exhaust place?
Sigma_turbzz
Lil' Dorifto

Post by Sigma_turbzz »

What brand is the muffler ? Maybe search around for opinions on it and see if it is the muffler.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

wanna do mine?

looks nice :)
1983 JA Staz
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Chryzla wrote:wanna do mine?
Not particularly, once is enough for me :P

Twin Resonator Muffler is N*Power