Bitza's starion so far

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

It's very thursty work :x :beer
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I can do the rear hatch Starion Turbo stickers - I could also do the side decals, but the big problem is accurate sizing - if I could get hold of an original sticker, no problems.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

What if I took some close up photos and also added their size?

The drivers side is nearly gone, but the passenger side is untouched, then all that is required is to invert the pic.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Could try it, but there's no guarantee that it would work perfectly. If you can take a good straight, head-on photo that would be a start anyway.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

That rust will be 100 time worse underneath.
Ive fixed mine and it was a real pain. Window and dash out sort of pain :glare:

Here's some pics:
The piece I removed,
The underside of that same piece
And the second layer
All fixed

Thankfully I found a replacement panell that only needed about 1/3 replacing.
There were rust holes on the fire wall that I fixed as well. A right pain in the but! Just as well I love these cars :D
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

Thanks for the pics thats very interesting!

Seen some other starions on other websites where the rust was so bad it had leached into the dashboard side kickpanels!

Now that's not good. :x
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

As for the decals, lets try this one first.

Drivers side rear:

I've added the size of the decal, sorry about the "Paint" addition.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

I've contacted many decals/sticker supply companies and no one want's too supply, can anybody please help as I want to keep the car original.

Thanks,
Andrew
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Check out Chris83's silver car in the photo gallery section. The stripes and artwork were done for me when I had the car - a mate of mine did them and has the correct fonts and sizing.

If you're interested I can get him to give me a quote in whatever colour you want - may not be 2 striped though.

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

If the decals were suppied, maybe we can get the file?
That way all Starion users can have the decals no matter what colour.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

The files belong to him, why would he pass them over. You want, you pay. Its called business
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

I'm happy to pay for them.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Well get his contact details and talk to him :wink:

If the guy created the file himself, then I'ld expect him to want $1000+ for a copy of it...........
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

As for the decals, lets try this one first.
Needs to be straighter/bigger/clearer - the problem with going by photos is that it's very difficult to get the sizing and shapes correct without huge amounts of trial and error.

If someone has already done these and has the files ready, it won't cost much to get them cut for you. Chances of them giving the file out are slim though :)
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

OK, this has come up before so I'll weigh in one more time then I'm closed on the subject.

I can arrange for the side and rear decals to be made for you, the fonts and sizing is perfect. The template came off Marie's car. The cost will be around $150-$200 per full set mailed to your door.

The files are not for sale, the decals are.

If you are interested I can arrange or I can give you the guys number and deal direct with him. He does artwork for race cars, vans, trucks and buses for a living so this isnt any backyard show he's got. It's all computer generated/laser cut and the vinyl is the best available. doesnt fade, crack, peel etc.

I dont understand all the stuffing around about making files etc when its already been done and is available at a reasonable price delivered to your door. (Like why would I go and reinvent what HCCA has already done for the instrument guages. He's done the work, if I give him some money he'll send me the decals - too easy) :beer