My Starion........again

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

would be cooler if it had IN before the SECURITY rofl
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

rofl rofl

It isn't stickers, they are magnets. I wouldn't dare those stickers on my car.

I wont be putting lights on, just the in car ones.

Still, its the best chase car in the centre :twisted: No one gets away. :twisted:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i'd be too paranoid to do that with a widey, imagine if some crim threw something at it....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

True, I sit it in 99% of the time. And not much happens at this centre. Come on guys more pics :beer We should really make a tab up top where you can just add pictures of starions. Would be an awesome idea.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Anyone able to tell me how you get your picture under the pictures tab at the top with your user name?
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Hassle Decoy.
VR4RION
[P] Plates

Post by VR4RION »

Hey Guys, here is a couple of pics of my ebay special ($1500), was just looking for something to put my evo motor in from out of my van, i found this and it took all of 5mins for my to become a sucker for the stazza!. Alot of you guys are doin great twin cam conversions, so i think il try and build STAZDA!, S5 13B, has there been many rotors done that you guys know of?

The momo, is all ive added really and bleeder valve, im going to start the build as soon as i can kill this engine....Which just aint happening!....

Here is the ol boostbus, lest we forget!, fucking asian lady pulled out infront of me, then did the runner!, i was doin 100ks and end up wearing all my tools and paint from the back,
R.I.P. Australia's first Evo Powered Express, Il never forget the paint you spilt and the smoke you gave in 4th gear!, to think! so many years of wasting HSV's, now you may become one, lets hope they turn you into star-pickets, i know you would rather be drivin into the ground by a hammer, than by a Holden heel'n'toe wannabee. Long live the 4G's!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Nice starion :)
Rotory though? be different I guess....
I have always wanted a twin turbo VVTI supra motor and 6 speed box in mine :D
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

I've been toying with the idea of a 6 cyl myself too.. except keeping it in the family... 6G72TT :D

But the more I think about it, it doesn't sound as appealing.. alot of money, time and fabrication into building a heavier lead tipped arrow which probably wont go much faster than a 4G63 powered one.. would sound so hot though.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
JayME
Big Dorifto

Post by JayME »

Since everyone is throwing up casual photos . . .

ohh and for the motor thing Id go for a 6a12 mivec turbo if i had money to throw away and really wanted to be different (I had an FTO previous to my starion - great motor, the car should have been RWD)
silo
Enthusiast

Post by silo »

[quote="VR4RION"]Alot of you guys are doin great twin cam conversions, so i think il try and build STAZDA!, S5 13B, has there been many rotors done that you guys know of?[quote]

Go a 20b, would be bonkers i reckn!
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

NOOOOOO not a rotor in a starion, might as well get a rx7 if you are going to do that.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

JayME wrote:
ohh and for the motor thing Id go for a 6a12 mivec turbo if i had money to throw away and really wanted to be different (I had an FTO previous to my starion - great motor, the car should have been RWD)
I have a MIVEC 6A12 Galant as a daily driver which I not long ago rebuilt the engine.. honestly with the engine out sitting like this I couldn't help but wonder if it was able to be transplanted into the Eterna which was sitting next to it at the time:

I spent a whole week pondering it and the conclusion I came to was that it would actually be easier to put a 6G72TT into it. The reason being the 6A12 doesn't come out in north/south orientation at all (whereas the 6G72 does in the Pajero = bolt on water routing and ancillaries), the Starion gearbox let alone any other Mitsi RWD gearboxes aren't even close to bolting to the 6A12 so you'll need a custom bellhousing or some sort of adapter plate (again the 6G72 has the Pajero or Triton gearbox which will bolt to it)...

And the main reason why not to use a 6A12 is as good as the 6A12 is in N/A form, the engineers at Mitsubishi with their infinite wisdom decided to make the rods and internals scarily tiny, even thinner than the infamous 4G93 pencil rods! Lord knows how the 6A12TT in the Galant VR-4 handles the boost - my MIVEC one managed to do this!:

Plus the 6G72 comes out both turbo or MIVEC just like the 6A12 so parts are easy to come by.

If anyone's interested more pics of my 6A12 MIVEC engine build are here - http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/ ... e%20build/
ImageImage
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I know i'll get crucified for saying this, but if your after a quad cam v6, i'd be thinking vg30de(tt if you wanted it).... Plenty around, came in rwd configs in the 300zx...

One is going in my chevette wagon.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

6G72TT wouldn't be any more expensive to do than a VG30DETT though really, use a Pajero block and ancillaries, use GTO internals and heads, or even use Diamante 30M MIVEC heads and you're sorted. I imagine with a VG30 into a Starion the sump wouldn't be in the right place, you'll have to make up custom mounts, would have to use the Nissan gearbox (although that's not a bad thing..) but then you would have to modify the car to suit the Nissan box.

I'm just keen to keep it in the family, just sucks that Mitsubishi failboated at making more epic engines than the 4G63.
ImageImage