Snagged myself a new starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Snagged myself a new starion

Post by airbats801 »

Well, damn myself, but this puts me up to 3 fattys now :pimp Granted it is still better than the 5 I use to own.

I finally broke down and bought a nice car that I really didnt have to work on, or paint for that matter.

I bought Arnold's from sqc 1988 conquest tsi automatic.

Arnold is one of my closest friends and we picked this car up about a year ago off a guy who bought it for his kid from the original owner, which was a old lady. He ended up picking it up for 1000 because they couldnt get it past deq.

We got this large folder with tons and tons of reciepts from the mitsubishi dealer and other mechanic shops. We noticed that the dealership had installed 2 secondary injectors lol. Sure as heck there were 2 brand new secondarys sitting on the throttle body. We pulled one out and tossed in a primary. and managed to get it through emissions.

Fast foward a year and arnold had the auto transmission service, put brand new toyo t1r tires, st lowering springs, kyb struts, herons 3inch exhaust, herons td05h s16g, some hard pipes, and a 1g mas. Well the mas was mine to begin with, but I wasnt using it :) He offered it to me for a great price, and even though I didnt have the money he let me make some payments for it.

I gotta say, I absolutely love the car. It's white, and was repainted, has the tan and black cloth interior in absolutely excellent condition, the car has always been extremely well maintained according to the folder of receipts, and just handles great. My only annoyance is that it is 5 speed, but we got the entire 5 speed setup off a 88 of his we parted out a while back.

Here are some pictures of the car when we first picked it up, which was a year before I just bought it.

Talk about a clean engine bay, the intake manifold looks brand new still :)

Anyhow, it does have a few issues. It's still running pig rich for some reason. I checked the codes and nothing is coming up. but I need to make sure I checked the right plug. Looked like the same plug as a 86 widebody which is near the fuel pump check, but I remember reading somewhere that the later models had it above the glove box, which might explain why I wasnt getting any codes from the plug I used.

The temp gauge in the dash doesnt seem to work, we changed dash, but still nothing. He bought a new sensor, so I will toss that in and see if it makes a difference, if it doesnt I will take a multimeter and do a resistance check to see if the wire is broken somewhere between the sensor and the cluser.

The rear brakes also make a horrid sound when backing up. Sounds like they are dragging slightly. My old black car did the same thing, never did get it fixed, but I will bleed the system to make sure. The pedal is slightly spongy, but I think its just the abs making it feel that way. From my experience, the pedal always feels more solid after removing the abs.

The other thing, the car feels like it is breaking up a bit past 5k, very little, but the power drops off and you can feel some missing. I'm guessing this is part of the rich problem.

I tossed 20 worth of premium in last night and put 120 miles on the car, and I burned more gas than was in it before I put gas in there, so there is definately something going on.

The suspension is still too soft for my liking, I really need to get on this jic thing, or at least get some harder springs, and better struts. These brand new kyb struts suck compared to shp struts. The steering is also pissing me off, so im going to start working on a rack swap.

I dont have a lot of plans for this car, I wanted a 18g, but I figure this s16g td05h is close enough, I may mpi it, but other than that, its going to be my new daily driver :)
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Nice car airbats :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i hate you :x

:beer
_

Post by redzone »

i should fly over there and buy it off u, then drag it back to australia so u dont feel bad for owning 3 starions again :pimp

LOL

but i'll let u keep it til the end of the year so i can save the money :beer

rofl
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

lol suuure thing. It should be 5 speed by then too, with a few extra things done to it.

I'm finally getting some time to work on it today, gonna go read the codes and figure out whu im running so rich.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
Steve E
should not drink and push buttons

Post by Steve E »

I also hate you :D :mrgreen:.

:beer
Steve
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

:pimp

Fixed up the running rich problem it had today. It was a bad vr4 mas. Seems to be running good. I polished up my old valve cover and tossed her on there, tomorrow it gets some new plugs and my pimp red silicon plug wires, along with some nice soldering on some janky wiring.
80's Hero
HotrodTSi
[L] Plates

Post by HotrodTSi »

Nice one airbats, looks like it was very well taken care of.
89 Conquest TSi
Magna MPI
75mm TB
750cc Delphi Injectors
SDS EM-4D ECU
SCI Header
3" Exh
Roller cam
TE 61 T3/T4
http://members.cardomain.com/hotrodtsi