Bitza's starion so far

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

Yes I am interested, can you give me his details.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I dont understand all the stuffing around about making files etc when its already been done and is available at a reasonable price delivered to your door. (Like why would I go and reinvent what HCCA has already done for the instrument guages. He's done the work, if I give him some money he'll send me the decals - too easy)
Difference is the price. No offence to your mate, but I can do them exactly the same way, same materials etc, but about 5 times cheaper - $150-200 for stickers when the design already exists is not value for money :). I'm merely offering a possible cheaper alternative - two side stickers from me in full colour would be about $35-40.

Obviously the files are worth money, but as a fellow Starion man, I am happy to create the files for free. If someone could get me original stickers, then I can do them easily. Otherwise, photos -will- work, but are a bit of stuffing around as I would have to test sizing against my car etc. I do not expect anyone to hand out or sell design files as I know how much work goes into them :)
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

All this seams like a BIG waste of time, all I want is the decals!, can't get a F**king straight answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spoken to a technical engineer (who works with me) and we will develop the stickers in CAD for everybody to use, in FULL 1:1 scale.

Once developed (which should'nt take long) I will personally post the files up onto the tech section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Haha, a straight answer........on here ? rofl

I believe they have to be in vector Format for most sticker places to print off etc......but double check that.

Also if you were to take pictures, I would suggest placing two rulers (one for each axis) in each shot etc :beer
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

toysrus wrote:Haha, a straight answer........on here ? rofl

I believe they have to be in vector Format for most sticker places to print off etc......but double check that.
I can cut vinyl from even a bit map.....

Good quality 600mm wide stock is only $9/m

Happy to cut them for free if you get the art.

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i see a few options here.

1. buy them from the guy wantsom knows (fast, simple, accurate)
2. help in the creation of new ones (lots of effort, cheaper)
3. Get in contact with a panel beater and ask which guy he uses for stickers. Show him a photo and they can make something up for you on the car. Wont be perfect though.
_

Post by hcca »

The offer is still there - if someone can get me accurate drawings or original stickers or high quality, straight-on photos with measurements then I am happy to do them, otherwise there are a few other offers out there :)

I'd do it myself but I sanded the stickers off my Starion long ago.
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

I am in the process of measuring all the decals for exporting into CAD.
I have found a business in Adelaide that will cut the decals with high quality vinyl, just need to complete the file.

Watch this space for files, so everybody can have access too these decals.

Cheers,
Andrew
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Bitza wrote:Watch this space for files, so everybody can have access too these decals.
I'm happy to upload files to the tech section if you're ok with that. we've had many tech articles uploaded and a few vector files http://www.austarion.com/tech/index.php
_

Post by Bitza »

The only problem I have at the moment is trying to export the CAD file to a workable size.

The files won't come out at a 1:1 scale, so you guys may need CAD installed on the computer to view.

Or just load the files to a flash stick and take to a graphic designer.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

My name is Flav. :D
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

flav wrote:My name is Flav. :D
Welcome to Austarion Flav! You should enter your info in the introductions thread in the General Section!
_

Post by Bitza »

The files have been developed and are currently at the designer for final touches.

Should have them cut out in a few days.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

decoy wrote:
flav wrote:My name is Flav. :D
Welcome to Austarion Flav! You should enter your info in the introductions thread in the General Section!
always a smart c*%t u are.....get down here bitch and lets party.
....and fix my lappie!!
Bitza
I've been here before

Post by Bitza »

Sorry Flav,
But what the hell is that supposed to mean?