silver and black ja - vr4

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Mick
Enthusiast

silver and black ja - vr4

Post by Mick »

hey guys haven't been on here long but should've put these up sooner.

she's had the vr4 treatment, custom just about everything, rx7 fic, momo bits, re leathered recliners, new carpet, yucky 17's and satin black two tone.

hope i haven't offended anyone with the paint but the factory silver was fading horribly. :beer

more pics dudes

thanks goes out to flav for the rear quarter window and redzone for the bumper, you guys rule! :beer
Last edited by Mick on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
evoJB
I like starions more

Post by evoJB »

don't mind the paint, well done on the conversion, how did you mount the engine, move foreward for cam angle sensor or what?
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw
rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

Yeah the paint is offesnsive... :P But who gives a crap when you have that under the hood! Mags look okay to me :) So sick of the sight of standard mags on my car.. Good work all round, you will have to get some interior shots up...
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph
Rainey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Rainey »

Hey Mick! Its a small world mate, I took a photo of your car in the same spot yesterday (hope you don't mind! :oops: ) if thats where you live, then I'm just up around the corner on Ripley dude. Your car is gorgeous, and I don't mind the two tone look at all, its very unique!

If you see a white JB cruising around the same area, give me a wave! :beer

STARI//ART
Xentro

Post by Xentro »

Nice vr4 conversion. :)

I see you kept the VR4 waterpump & powersteering.

How did you do the plumbing for the coolant?
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

Hey....Thats the narrow block isnt it?
vr4 alt and powersteer still there???????
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey rainey yeah i live just on the corner of cheviot drop in sometime for a can and chat!
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey evoJB thanks mate,
yeah the engine was mounted froward just enough to squeeze the crank sensor in without abusing the firewall.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks rodhamp sorry about the paint it'll be gloss black with gold blue pearl soon enough!
when you need wheels let me know you can have them. :beer
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey stealth gsr that the standard vr4 turbo but with custom turbine housing and dump.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey xentro the inlet manifold was reversed so the ic plumbing was easier and the thermostat is sitting on the other end out of view
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hey mate that flat black is sweet as!

i reckon u should put a STEALTH BOMBER sticker on the back window :wink:

did u use the 4AGE remote thermostat housing arrangement?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey redzone hows it?

glad somone likes the satin... :oops:
i have no idea about the thermostat arrangement at all mate i bought the car with the conversion done, and although i managed to pick his brain about a lot of stuff i missed that one.
is that a common setup to use?
will come in handy no doubt is there anything you guys dont know? :beer
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

I'll drop in next time I've got the Staz out Mick! I'm currently removing the cracked front lip and painting my wipers black again (previous owner thought they would look great in white :wtf: ).

I'm a fan of the paint scheme as well, I think it looks great and suits the car. Who does most of the work on your car or where do you take it to work on it yourself because my driveway is angled like a bitch, no good for jacking shit up. :?
STARI//ART
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

yeah sucks ay rainey got the same problem mate :beer

do all the usual oil changes and shite myself but when something needs doing i take it down to truline suspension in charles street they're really good and do pretty much everything.

i've seen your rig down at villiage cinema carpark before?

come down next time you've got her out!