Progress in leaps and bounds

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Progress in leaps and bounds

Post by Powerslave »

It's been a while since I did anything significant to my staz , so here's the progress in the last few months -

LSD was fitted about 5 weeks ago , makes a HUGE difference to the drivability of the car : Image

I had been fucking around with the idea of a slivia HUD unit , and after months of swearing and cursing , and finally getting it to work , I decided to trash it cause basically , they suck. It looked ugly and obtrusive on the top of the instrument shroud and really only worked well at night. So instead I decided to hack the tacho (no , not the tacho !!!) , and installed a speed alert / digital speed display. The alert itself is an ultra-bright LED mounted just to the left of the boost guage , and it really grabs your attention in the day or night. The pulses to run this are sourced from a JB speedo unit , the JA speedo does not have a pulse generator.

I have also fitted an APEXI Rev speed meter , for verifying any performance mods done to the car , and also to drive an ultra-bright blue LED shift light mounted just to the right of the boost guage. Again , it is really noticeable in day or night , and you don't have to take your eyes off the road to keep the tacho in check.

Just this weekend , I went down to the local auto shop and browsed through the dulux colour chart and found a colour that I am going to totally respray the whole car with. So with a 500ml sample , I ripped off my JA pillar vents , and painted & finally fitted my JB pillar vents. The colour is not as it appears in the pic , some will call it gunmetal grey , but it's pretty heavy with metal flake , tricky to paint , but in the sun it look fuckin awesome , so I'm gonna go with this colour in a few months.

That leaves the engine. Still stock , not really done much to it , it does go hard , though (14.9 400m) with only the baby little TC-05 , so after the car is painted , I'll be calling on MR Starion VR4 to begin his magic with a nice block , and the rest will follow from there.

That's my 5 cents worth for now. :beer
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

your car

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Looks very tidy. the colour your painting your car would look good.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

That respray colour your looking at comes out very nice, I've seen a starion with that scheme and my bonnet is that colour, suits very very well.

I'm considering it myself as i need a respray but am wondering how much extra it will cost to change colour (exterior only) vs plain respray, let us know how it goes and what it costs! :)