might sell the ja

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

might sell the ja

Post by brettdodds88 »

Might be selling my ja cheap as chips as i can't get help with a cheap good turbo..please don't say jjh because been there asked him..as i needed one asap because its sitting there rebuilt and the eci is fully rebuilt with rego.if any ones keen please inbox me..coffs harbour..
IF YOUV GOT A STARION TURBO WELL THATS THE GO LOL
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

mate if your after a cheap turbo.. look at a chinese one? i got a mate up here who could sell you a brand new journal bearing or ball bearing turbo for cheap... no need to sell your car based of that!!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

if you cant get onto jjh i have his number i'm pretty sure
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

Thanks guys yer i don't wont to sell but if i can't get a cheap good turbo that will bolt straight on well ill hav to sell for $2400 as iv already spent $4600 to $4800 all up on this car and can't go any more rilly as iv gone for loans and am broke now...how much does he do them gormz.thanks..hi dave thanks but jjh sounds like he's to bizy doing his car up..
Last edited by brettdodds88 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Hi Brett,
Hang in there!

Use the TC05 I gave you if you can hook up the water line without too much trouble. The rear turbine you said was touching shouldn't affect it.
As I said, it came from my running car and it worked perfectly. Unclamp the rear and give it a bit of a clean up and use the actuator from your old damaged turbo etc...

JJH turbo would be straight on bolt on though :(

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:Hi Brett,
Hang in there!

Use the TC05 I gave you if you can hook up the water line without too much trouble. The rear turbine you said was touching shouldn't affect it.
As I said, it came from my running car and it worked perfectly. Unclamp the rear and give it a bit of a clean up and use the actuator from your old damaged turbo etc...

JJH turbo would be straight on bolt on though :(

:beer Mal
hi mal, sorry its been a while to reply but been working hard on this car and nilly done...ok yes iwill do that as iv cleaned it and put it back together and it look's not to bad like i thort so hope all goes well :)..yep iv done that now iv taped into the thermo housing and the heater hose for the water to flow threw the turbo so hope that goes all well :) yes it would of been great to get jjh's turbo but he's so bizzy doing his car up for a race thats coming up i thing..so im going to put the turbo back on today..thanks mal :) :beer
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

^^^
Please check with Dave whether you have done it correctly. Did you have water connecting line(s)? There's plenty on ebay esp. the seller Kando Dynamic, eg
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIY-Turbo-Wa ... 416d668f92 or
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Water- ... 416d90f42c

Also, I spoke to the guy that supplied the exhaust for the car (Rod) and yes it is a 'gutted' catalytic converter and accepts the TC05.
If you do eventually go TC06, you will need to enlarge the dump to a 55mm opening for the TC06 to flow properly.

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:^^^
Please check with Dave whether you have done it correctly. Did you have water connecting line(s)? There's plenty on ebay esp. the seller Kando Dynamic, eg
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIY-Turbo-Wa ... 416d668f92 or
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Water- ... 416d90f42c

Also, I spoke to the guy that supplied the exhaust for the car (Rod) and yes it is a 'gutted' catalytic converter and accepts the TC05.
If you do eventually go TC06, you will need to enlarge the dump to a 55mm opening for the TC06 to flow properly.

:beer
hi mal cars going again but it does serg in boost like it is hitting boost twice somthing like that...um yer i had these water line on the old turbo not the best like them one's but there good and work..thanks heaps mal :D
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Glad to hear you got her going again Brett! The surge could be caused by a boost controller or something?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Great that you have the car running again. I hope it drives real smooth with gentle revs.
Perhaps it's surging with the actuator not properly adjusted??? Play with adjusting screw connected to the back end of the turbo.
Do you have a boost controller of some sort? If not, check the vacuum lines around the turbo esp. any splits at connecting points....
Paste a photo of your fresh engine bay :)
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

thank's really appreciate it

Post by brettdodds88 »

thanks dave and mal :) ,,, no got no boost controler im going to get all new vac line's a universal fuel pressure regulator with a gauge as my car has not got one at all.this is the one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GSP-Universa ... 2a26332727 ..also selling my 10ft tinny with 6hp johnson motor so i can also get a new fuel pump and a tune up right away...i thank you so much people that have helped me out big time..THANK"S..ow sorry mal i will do i tag a pic of engine when i tidy it i little more and put more new vac line's fuel reg and tidy this inlet pipeing from the turbo to throtle body... :)
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Might be better off with a stock reg mate, i'll ship you one down