ProZac's 1982 Starion - Now with added 86!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
MotoCam360
I like starions

Post by MotoCam360 »

Hey KnightRider,

Don't waste your time trying to make a set... getting the correct strut length, pressure, SS mounting hardware, and creating CNC brackets will be way too costly.

I'll give you a good deal on a complete bolt up kit!

Regards,

Tim
MotoCam 360
Tim
http://www.themotocam.com/products/starquest
HoodStrut Kits, Smoked Foglight Covers, LED Tail Light Kit, Radio Bezel, Air Diversion Panel, Chin Spoilers
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Got some new shoes :) They look pretty nice from the rear.

Toyo T1R's, 225/50/15's. They're around 7% smaller rolling diameter than stock. Will get interesting to see if i can recalibrate the digital dash, i think i saw a pot back there somewhere, might be what it's for.

Got the D2's in. With full thread engagement, but set to maximum height, it was around 10mm higher than stock. I've wound them down around 60mm from there, so around a 50mm drop from stock. Looks really good at this height, and has plenty of clearance, should be nice and driveable.

Wheels are TE37v copies, 15x9, ET0. The fronts need a slight spacing out, as the tyre bead just happens to be in the same place as the top of the threaded section on the hub, and *just* rubs. I bought a guard roller when i bought the wheels thinking I'd definately need it, but they clear fine as it is.

Oscar agrees that it looks pretty damn sweet :).

Could go down atleast 50mm from here, but I'll wait till its driving again before altering it again. Would really like to get on some corner weight scales and balance it up nicely.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Did you get the wheels new?
Looks sweet! I like the ride height, suits the Starion and the roads here! LOL
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Yeah, they're just cheapies, but will do the job :)

Damn skippy about the roads! Would look silly any lower I reckon though, as the wheels/tyres are a bit smaller, making it any lower would get the underside just a bit close to things that'll smash it up.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

those wheels look damn good with the massive dish though!

nice looking cat too!
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Looking good...
Where did you get the wheels?
1985 JB Starion #157
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

If you need to park your Mini like that, your garage is tooo fkn small!!!! :D
Nice wheels maan!
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Wheels came from just a generic wheel shop here in chch. They primarily sell them on trademe, this was apparently their last set in the country. They look to be the same as 'rota grid V's', which are another copy of the rays te37v's

The quality of them was actually better than I expected, definately no complaints.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Nice progress you're making, well done :)
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
kiwi_EX
I like starions more

Post by kiwi_EX »

ProZac wrote:Got some new shoes :) They look pretty nice from the rear.

Toyo T1R's, 225/50/15's.
I've got Toyo T1R's, nice tyres, really like them. Wearing well too.
1988 Mitsubishi Starion EX Widebody
1987 Mitsubishi Starion EX
1991 Mitsubishi L200 Double Cab Sport
2010 Holden Colorado Ute
hibbling
Newcomer

Post by hibbling »

kiwi_EX wrote:
ProZac wrote:Got some new shoes :) They look pretty nice from the rear.

Toyo T1R's, 225/50/15's.
I've got Toyo T1R's, nice tyres, really like them. Wearing well too.
Hey Zac, clayton here, i have your old sapporo. Wondering if you got that rotor cap in as the other guys at your work couldnt find it. Nice wheels by the way, where did you get the tyres and how much?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

G'day Mate.

We'll have to get some photo's of the black Starion next to the black Sapporo, on the same wheels, would look awesome :).

Chris (CUL8R) from the OS forums hooked me up for the tyres. He's switching jobs shortly, but if you PM'd him he might be able to sort something out. I wont mention the price here though because it was a pretty special deal I think.

Funny story about that cap and rotor.... I was wondering why when I went looking for a new one for my starion, we had one in stock on the shelf (highly unusual for ANY part, let alone something for an old mitsy)... I'd completely forgotten I'd ordered them in a few weeks earlier!

I'll pm you my number, swing me a text and I'll sort out a rotor and cap for you. You could just have the old ones off my car if you like, there is nothing wrong with them, I was just replacing them as a matter of course when I rebuilt the intake manifold.
hibbling
Newcomer

Post by hibbling »

Cheers, those wheels i got were the Rota Shakotans, got my wires crossed when we were talking them (hungover lol). Ive got your number still, have to kidnap you some time and pick you brain. How'd did you get on with the rack and pinoin setup you were working on.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Yeah man, give me a bell and I can shoot out to have a look. I'm out that way pretty often anyways :).

Still gathering parts for rack and pinion. Have figured most of it out I reckon, just need some time to get some good work in on it. Will probably have a really good go when my warrent runs out, as it'll need certification before the next warrent anyhow for the adjustable suspension.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

if you're going to make two you may as well make three or more as I would definitely be keen but unfortunately don't have a spare crossmember sitting around to use. Could be a way to keep individual costs down if a bulk load of them are done at once?
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum