My new Widey : BRUTUS

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

It's home! And I have washed it, vacuumed it and been in and out of the garage 20 times already just to look at it. A few bits to tidy up but basically done. Once I get the big cams then the real fun begins!
On the drive home I had a couple of comments at traffic lights, just like when I would take my E38 charger out for a cruise. Worth the wait.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Congrats! I can't wait to see the finished product :) It's been a while and I am sure it was worth the wait.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

congrats!!!

has it been on the dyno at all yet?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

It was mapped up to 4500rpm & the waste gate is set at 6psi, just to allow it to be run in, obviously no dyno sheets were done. If u want a comparison between the engine running n/a cams & a nice set of kelfords we have planned, I'm sure Steve would only be too happy to let someone else pay for a full tune on the n/a cams :P
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I'd be happy if they would also like to purchase the cams and then get a final tune done :-)
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

finish off mate thats peanuts compared to how much it costs to get a car this far :roll:
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

n/a cams? ahhh my apologies, i thought it was already running vr4 or evo cams :)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah it was a complete n/a galant gsr engine that we used, replacing the block with a starion 2L block etc. so they were the cams that are in there now, perfectly fine for running her in :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

Saw your car at redzones when I was up there on hols in december. Love to go for a spin in it someday.

stace
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Hi guys, well we now have a set of camtech 272's in Brutus, and fixed a couple of dramas with the autronic (whoever heard of an autronic playing up?!) that included the thermofan output dying and the ecu setting it's own password (we never set a password)... But all is great now, it made the trip back to Chapman's dyno and pumped out 320rwhp at only 14psi!

Considering the original aim/expectation was 400rwhp at 25psi we were feeling, shall we say, pretty confident! Rob ran out of time yesterday to go much further but we managed to tune it to 17psi and it spat out 371.7rwhp, staying on the 370 line from 6600 to 7300 rpm, it is rev limited to 7500 due to it having a stock flywheel (next on the list I think).

So it's gaining over 16hp atw from each pound of boost, gives us some confidence of seeing 400rwhp at or just under 20psi.... :beer

NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

awesome news :) :beer
Will it be hitting Willowbank at some stage?
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Firstly, a big thanks to Dave for all the extra work and effort in getting this thing running, thanks mate. Secondly, to all the guys on this forum who have kept my interest in the project by simply talking about their own dreams, dramas and showing their own projects on this forum. At times it feels very lonely when hiccups occur but seeing others make it, helps.
Okay, driving this thing is 'brutal', 'amazing' and at times bloody scarey!
The power is awesome. Way too much for street tyres and the brakes it has at the moment. I thought the clutch was slipping and the motor was blowing a bit of smoke- then I realized at full noise from about 5500 revs it just turns the tyres ( they are 10" wide!!) and all hell breaks loose, along with black lines on the road and smoke. I need to do a little more work on the struts and a front brake upgrade to realize the full potential of this package. In race trim with nearly 500rwhp I will need a cage and a big set of balls.
It's a bit laggy but with a change of rear diff gears to 3.9 it should improve.
I know QLD Raceway will b fun in this and Willowbank drags might get a visit soon as well.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

good on ya mate :beer

i'm jealous!!
quest wrote:
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

That sounds bloody fantastic mate... Pics, pics and more pics? :)
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

ProZac wrote:That sounds bloody fantastic mate... Pics, pics and more pics? :)
This!!!!!!
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion