1uz staz conversion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

JAS wrote:The EX Lancer had the turbo (single) where the battery was. Behind the front left headlight.

Yeah its great living in NZ :)
Tell me about it... one of my mates is a mechanic and he was saying that a late 90's Toyota Corolla came in the other day, it had 1 drum brake on the rear and the other side was a disc brake :shock:
Apparently as long as they work and they're balanced power wise it's fine :shock:
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

LOL
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

JAS wrote:The EX Lancer had the turbo (single) where the battery was. Behind the front left headlight.
would be interesting to see the miles of plumbing on that one...
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

FST4RD wrote:
JAS wrote:
Tell me about it... one of my mates is a mechanic and he was saying that a late 90's Toyota Corolla came in the other day, it had 1 drum brake on the rear and the other side was a disc brake :shock:
Apparently as long as they work and they're balanced power wise it's fine :shock:
Bloody hell! That's just lazy not matching them up... :wtf:
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

Hi Guys,

Quick update, the 1uz staz is still going albeit slowly, it's just been relegated while i sort my other vehicles (evo, ceffy, 205) out first but should be ready for the end of jan.

It's all mounted and sorted engine and gearbox wise, just sorting out wiring in a haltech and doing a coil on plug conversion and inlet manifold atm. Will post some more pics when it looks less like someone threw a pipe bomb into an electrical board hehehe.

cheers.

Vic.
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

Any updates?

I want to do the same conversion soon,just manual shift kit auto though,far easyer and you dont hear of them breaking :D
There is no good or bad days,only attidudes
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Should be fun once you're done with the swap :D
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

Hi Guys,
quick update, will have photos once it's up on the hoist next week, just a bit of plumbing left (power steering, oil cooler, clutch line) then it's wiring time with the haltech sprint 500 in wasted spark with a coil on plug conversion (loom is made!).

Will be interesting to see what it makes with only headers, aftermarket ecu and larger injectors, i'll be happy if it makes what the 2.4 did (180rwkw) but i suspect i'll have to upgrade the atrocious factory inlet manifold to do that. i've got a tunnel ram i'm modifying for efi but will to use the factory inlet to pass engineers first.

will also be interesting to see what she weighs at the end too!
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Yeah my mate Josh's one made 190rwkw with itb's, headers & an adaptronic ecu, unopened engine!

Got all the brakes fitted yet?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

itbs :shock:

how is the adaptronic ecu? i've heard good things about them
quest wrote:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

He loves em. Search Josh Young drift on youtube to see the AE86 & his 2j jzx90 in action, both ran adaptronic's
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
gilby
[P] Plater austaz

Post by gilby »

And to be honest, if my 4G ever crapped out, Id be doing this conversion too. Although with one or two turbos :D[/quote]

You mean something like this :twisted: Except this is in a DX corolla
Goes pretty well as you can imagine
1986 Eurospec
1987 DOHC GSR-V
1981 EX Lancer
2000 VX Commodore
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

Hows this going?

Im really keen to have ago at one in my car, so you need front sump,does it clear stearing ok?

ill just go auto then manual when funds permit,they say that manual shift autos go good though,just finished helping my boss put a vvti lexus in his 2wd hilux ute and it goes really hard,very exciting stuff :D
There is no good or bad days,only attidudes
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

RE: corolla picture. Fuck me swinging.

in general 1UZs are awesome, 6 bolt mains, quad cam standard. Thats why they can stay unopened with boost! 600hp bottom end without too much cap walk apparently.
As far as weight goes, 1UZ and LS1 are so appealing cos they weight the same as an SR20 or 4G anyway, all alloy.
Plumbing wouldnt really be that bad wouldnt have thought apart from getting the ex mani right... not as bad as say a standard shit ass rb20/25 hahahaha. 5.6kms of pipe work.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

The 1UZ is a killer motor, just look at Joe Geri's capri, 100% engineered & RTA legal. Drive to the track, change the tires, run 8.30's & the drive home. And maintenance is no different to a normal street car.

If they wern't so big, I would actually look at doing a Supercharged 5L coyote (Ford GT-P) conversion. CHE have one at 500kw atw, on pump fuel, with only; Intercooler upgrade, Injectors, Pumps, Pulley Change & a Retune. It still has the stock exhaust.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!