MR Benders new project:

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Mick wrote:Why are there so many haters on this forum?
That's rich considering so many people are hating on the 'hellaflush' style!

I dislike the horrible abortion of a Silvia above as much as you guys dislike the hellaflush style - you guys are happy to rubbish one extreme kind of style but push another extreme kind of style as being better?

I'm usually an open minded person, I like most things ie differing makes/models, different aspects of style - I guess I'm just a bit partial to slammed cars with really tight tolerance and 'period correct' wheel style, be it stretched tyres or not.

I wouldn't say that Silvia is function over form - look at the flashy paint job, the horrible chrome rims and rubber band tyres, it's just one big ugly show pony in that state.

Each to their own! Like it or lump it everyone is going to have differing tastes and differing opinions.

ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

That abortion of a thing doesn't go anywhere near the strip, you're thinking of the Mazworx S15 (which is similar, but has Nissan's most popular hand grenade under the bonnet and actually gets driven). This thing just sits in the garage, only being started when it needs to be driven onto a trailer to attend some hektik car show.
Pointless car is pointless if you ask me, no point owning a car if you don't drive it.
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

as i said, at least it has travel, so could be driven onto the trailer in comfort rofl
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

if all it does is go fast down the strip then it's a giant waste of money. It can't be daily driven, it can't go around a race track without falling over on corners. I think what bugs me the most is the removal of IRS and fitting a shortened solid axle to accommodate those tasteless tacky rims.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

fair enough mate. i just think its a handy thing to go from a showy wheel to a 31x16x12 slick on the back to do some dragging. nothing wronf with a 9" either, or is there? LOL
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

jwebb2876 wrote:you're thinking of the Mazworx S15 (which is similar, but has Nissan's most popular hand grenade under the bonnet and actually gets driven). This thing just sits in the garage, only being started when it needs to be driven onto a trailer to attend some hektik car show.
Pointless car is pointless if you ask me, no point owning a car if you don't drive it.
You mean the Micks Motorsport S15.

Has gone into the 7.40 without grenading.

And the Sublime car is actually engineered and rego'd. It has to be to qualify for Motorex Street Elite. Gets driven around at Summernats.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

Why are there so many haters on this forum?

Haters got to Hate!
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

haha good one bender what else is there in life if we cant hate something? building a car? :D
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

1320ft wrote:You mean the Micks Motorsport S15.

Has gone into the 7.40 without grenading.

And the Sublime car is actually engineered and rego'd. It has to be to qualify for Motorex Street Elite. Gets driven around at Summernats.
No, I mean the Mazworks S15, which appears to be one and the same car :P
Sorry mate, but if you think that Sublime is a street car then you've got rocks in your head. The fact that it gets driven what, once or twice a year? around a cruise track at a car show with no danger of getting defected doesn't change anything, pointless car is still pointless.
Not to mention butt-ugly. I hate it, it looks like someone with Downs' Syndrome has taken the worst elements of the hotrod scene and thrown them at an S15.
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

the way the green sublime car is in that photo, it is form over function. once you change those crappy look at me wagon wheels to proper racing wheels with drag tyres, then and only then is it a function over form drag car.

as they say, it's all in the details ;)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Mick wrote:Why are there so many haters on this forum?
Haha, don't take what I say too seriously. Sometimes I do things, just because I can. If I had money to blow, I'd build a stupid ugly carb Starion GX with awesome fender mirrors and cowbell wheels... ooooooh man... that car would be fully sikk mate!!

Bender seems like he knows what he's doing, and it's his car (that he uses when he goes to get a new hairstyle and/or pedicure). Pretty sure he doesn't give too much of a damn what others think about it.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Yes, SUBLIME isn't to everyone's taste - I don't like a few things about it - however, it was built for a dual purpose: in its current guise it is doing the show circuit. I am sure when the owner is good and ready it will be driven in anger down the drag strip.

Can't please everyone all of the time ;)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

I don't understand the pin striping. Mags are seriously stupid, they really just look like they tried to spend the most amount of money on them not caring for aesthetics and the colour? fast and the furious 1 came out in 2001 lol.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

NOTE TO PEOPLE THAT LIKE TO ARGUE ON THE INTERWEBZZZZ: WHAT IS SAID BELOW IS WITH TOUNGE FIRMLY PLANTED WITHIN CHEEK.

Eugh, I almost lost my lunch seeing that s15... Why take a fantastic handling car and do THAT to it.... Tuck is only every acceptable on american cars. If traction was the aim, surely they'd be after a little more sidewall than that fomr some nice stick drag slicks... Gah.

Nothing makes a car look meaner and more purposeful than a nicely fitting set of wheels. See example below, nothing else should be tolerated.

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

where does that starion reside prozac? and what is the guy doing with it? it has an interesting history apparently ;)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au