MR Benders new project:

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

what size tires and rims are they bender?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

205's and 10" wide.
they look like circles!
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

To tell you the truth the car is back to how it was before because i like it better that way.

I only put those rims/tyres on for that event!

rims are 13x8 front with 155/65r13
13x10 rear 175/70r13
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

holy poop thats an achievment in itself to get the tyres on!
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

it's really hard to pull off decent stretch with 13s as you need a decent low profile - a 65 or 70 series tyre just never looks good stretched as they always have balloney sidewalls. If the tyres were 175/50 then yes it would look much better, but then your over-all rolling diameter would be really small and the car needs to be super slammed to pull it off. But good work trying something which hasn't really caught on in Australia - to be honest I'm getting tired of seeing cars there looking like roller skates with terrible offset 20x7" chrome rims and rubber band tyres.

some more inspiration pics for you (I had forgotten I had posted a bunch on the first page, hopefully there aren't any double ups).

This is Hellaflush!

The potential is there!
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

why the fuck is it called hellaflush when flush means 2 faces meeting evenly? reminds me of old pro street drag cars that ran big slicks but didnt bother shortening the diff!
anyhow, big commitment to want to scrape the shite out of the tummy of your car for that reason, respect! :D
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

I must be getting too old as i think mad excessive amounts of stretch as well as fully sic belly scraping lowered cars that appear to have next to no suspension movement and can't get over a speed bump are a good thing :?
But hey, if that sort of thing rocks your boat then go 4 it :)
Don't forget the extra stress on your wheel bearings & suspension due to wider track by fitting wheels with different offsets to push the wheels further out
Don't forget that if you increase track by more than 26mm from memory you may be driving an unroadworthy car which is not a good thing if your insurance coy is looking for a way out to deny a claim in the event of a prang and then you will have to pay to repair whatever damage done to the other car or property as well as your own :(
Don't mean to be negative just realistic.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Glen,

Dont take me wrong I think your car is fantastic, I just dont go the stretched tyre/wheel fad (madness).

I'm personally glad to hear the tyre/wheel thing was for one event or (events as need may be from time to time).

The MX5 is an awesome car that handles superbly. I've been a fan of them for a long time so I have much respect for you and it. In fact if I was to do anything again slanted towards a fun/track car again I think the MX5 would be my car of choice. :wink:

Other than that 'hellafucked' what you have done and how you've got it looking and going is awesome and a real credit to you. :beer

Cheers
Greg
Last edited by WANTSOM on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

youngsters these days are all about form over function lol

God i feel old.

speaking of track width, if 26mm is the limit, doesn't that mean that replacing the standard 6.5 inch +18 et wheels with 8inch +18 et wheels increases the track witdth by 38mm, making the car unroadworthy?? :wtf:

or have i done my calculations wrong..?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

I know it's not up to everyone's tastes but it definitely floats my boat more so because it is pushing boundaries which haven't really been pushed before.

I guess this is a good way of describing 'hellaflush'

it must have been some kind of term coined by those 'Mericans, however the style and process actually originated from Germany as their laws stated their tyres must sit within the guards, but there were no rules to determine where the wheels themselves sat in relation to the guards.
ImageImage
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

someone spent a portion of their life creating that?
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

LOL
quest wrote:
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

am guessing it's a pisstake of some kind.
ImageImage
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

hit the screw on the head there dg LOL

I can just imagine some jackass apprentice, who couldn't get the screw in right, thought to himself "hey that would look pretty good on a car"
quest wrote:
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

I dunno.. I quite like negative camber, wide low offset rims and stretched low profile tyres :P

This one is nicely done - http://mazdafitment.com/2011/07/12/summ ... #more-1764
ImageImage