I want to show off my car. :)

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Well i like the car regardless :D Top job mate, well done! Keep us posted on future updates.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I'm with you Shannon. I couldnt give a damn about theory

Nice car TF :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

Good torque and capable of handling some boost and it all just seems 'there'. I can see why you USA guys wonder at our fascination with the Twin Cams when you can get so much torque/power out of a well thought out 2.6 set up. If I were on your side of the ocean I too wouldnt give a second thought to the TC. I'd just be doing exactly what you guys are doing.
now...... would you really ? :)
Over the pond, we run much bigger turbos and 25-35psi. That is the difference.
A boosted ute 2.4 SOHC is right on par, if not better than the 2.6, from my observations.

most usa folks share that fascination with the Twin Cams too. Take a peek at one of the "dohc for the 2.6" fantasy threads on SQC, you'll see.
All a 2 valve motor needs is the same effort, but most brainwash themselves into believing twin cam is "so ez" to perform. The two 1.8L specimens posted in the recent MPI thread here, are second to none.

I personally enjoy seeing SOHC builds like turbofusions'

yep, "hp sells motors, torque wins races"
Last edited by quest on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JA83
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by JA83 »

holy shit! this thing gets me excited. i have a australian delivered 74 lancer rwd sedan with a 2.6 astron, so far its 230rwkw at 18psi. i want to rebuild the engine and run only e85, and with a gt 35/40 hopefully get 350+kw..
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbofusion »

JA83 wrote:holy shit! this thing gets me excited. i have a australian delivered 74 lancer rwd sedan with a 2.6 astron, so far its 230rwkw at 18psi. i want to rebuild the engine and run only e85, and with a gt 35/40 hopefully get 350+kw..
Get the block o-ringed and use factory mitsu headbolts! And get some nice rods and 8 or 9:1 pistons. And forget about that GT turbo stuff, that's old and busted. The new hotness is stuff like borg warner's EFR series:
http://www.turbodriven.com/en/performan ... s/efr.aspx

Also billet DBB stuff from precision and turbonetics will be really good. It seems like the EFR Borgs are the latest and best.
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbofusion »

I made a video the other day. It has terrible audio quality but you can hear the fuel pump and the engine sounds like it's missing on two cylinders, but it runs.