my new wheels

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
paradox
I like starions

my new wheels

Post by paradox »

flew up and drove back from queensland.

MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

thats cool man

:D
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

noice!!!

supercharged? how much di dit set you back?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Im a mad AW11 fan, thats awesome !!!!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Sweet, I used to have a supercharged and non supercharged one. You have to have a supercharged one with LSD... my non supercharged one was cool though. I also had a late model turbo one as well... it was insane, did a 12.2 second 1/4 mile and was good for a top speed around 255kmph.

Oh and check it out for rust.. they were horrendously bad for rusting out!
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
greenstaz82
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by greenstaz82 »

very cool car , funny that though .. the bloke i brought my starion off a few years back had just purchased an aw11 at the time i brought the starion , it must be some kind of starion side affect lol .. cause ive found these things desirable myself rofl
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i suppose they are somewhat in the same boat as the staz.. majorly under-appreciated by the masses.

i've looked at them myself, but was turned off by the asking price at the time.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

greenstaz82 wrote:very cool car , funny that though .. the bloke i brought my starion off a few years back had just purchased an aw11 at the time i brought the starion , it must be some kind of starion side affect lol .. cause ive found these things desirable myself rofl
Probably to do with the straight lines or as my wife calls its they look like matchboxes.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

could have had a supercharged one but I liked the finish on this car better and I wanted a car uner 200000 for once lol. plus I didn't mind not having the up keep of the turbo this time, insurance included.
and about 5.5 for the price.
If i still have the car when it need a new engine I will put the supercharged one in tho :D

greenstaz82 I wanted one of these cars before I had the starion but the price of the late 90's mr2 models put me off, 2 weeks before I bought this car I found one up for sale here that was supercharged but it was a little moldy in the boot and there was small bits all over the car that was a little rough. Really made me want one of the mk 1 mr2s tho. so light and small engine but all the hadling and power needed.
AW11 price isn't too bad though and the 1990 sw20
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

The car did have a fresh paint job and spanking brand new front/ back bumper and tires when i bought it. painter did't fix a hole in the front boot however and a bit of the lip in the back boot but Iwill get them done at some stage. just makes it lighter now hahha.

Have planns to make a lotus elise or lambogini curved back on it and have vents running up the sides to cool the engine bay and sepparate the pod filter with cool air running straight past from the vents.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

please tell me you are going to paint the bonnet white again, rip off that wing and do something about that kit (ie refit factory bumpers)... please! rofl
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i reckon the kit looks awesome, other than the ironing board of course!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I like it as it is. Probably get rid of the rear wing and leave it at that.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

thought about changing the colour back but its a lot of effort at the moment, and the body kit was only changed because the original one was beyond repair. get it on the right angle and it looks skyline 31 style rear and a little 34 on the front lol. I agree the wing is a little too much tho, but until I fix up the rear section properly its staying.

rice thief - got a point there about the lines. thats what got me into the starions.