Manawahe Hillclimb

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
smodgee
I like starions

Manawahe Hillclimb

Post by smodgee »

Had my first gravel hill-climb a few weeks back and had a really good day out, the plan was just to get thru and put the car on the trailer at the end of the day. Pleased with the result and there is still more cornering speed to be had but it, was all a bit much for my little brain to get the feel for the car and remember the course at the same time with the adrenaline going, last run started to feel alot more confident in car which showed on the time sheet :D
Here are the results only first two pages are for my hill-climb, look for Joshua Smith Taihape Sharion http://www.sportsground.co.nz/files/Sit ... PUYJUT.pdf
Here's a link to a video of last run, was debating putting this on cause of the quality of it, was last minute and just had a tripod duct taped to the roll-cage and the light settings were on auto, so shaky and bright in places. Making a proper bracket at the moment so hopefully better videos to come,
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
avandull
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandull »

That Sharion looks like a lot of fun.
Good to see some in car footage.
Agatha the ugly Starion
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

You love that gear shtick!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

You need to steer with BOTH hands
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

Good effort first time out. Amongst the leading group of 2WD cars. Interesting that you guys have a passenger, times would be much quicker without that extra weight.
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

enthuzed wrote:You love that gear shtick!
yea since I've changed to the lsd the thing nearly hits me in the leg, don't know weather it on way out or not, but didn't get that shake with the welded diff in,
old fart - yes i agree with both hands on, tarmac there both glued on, i think there was just too much going on lol
panda -as being a hill climb i could of gone by myself but my mate in the passengers seat who was going to co-drive for the rally sprints has gone and got himself a job in perth and leaves on first December so it was more of having a run together before he goes
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Had another look at the video and saw the shifter shaking badly so it may be the motor and box mounts are shot .It's worth checking IMHO
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

your right oldie my gear box mount has a tear line on right hand side, will swap out with spare and see if makes improvement.