Idea: Austarion calendar featuring YOU???

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.

Would you be interested in a Starion Calendar?

No
No votes
Yes - we vote on the pics
48%
Yes - we nominate a judge
4%
Yes - Avandulls_Gal can choose
48%

Total votes: 25

MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

this picture is ok.
but its taken im my back yard.
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandulls_gal »

Am I safe to assume that anyone who's put pics in here or expressed support for this is willing for me to trawl for any pics of theirs on here and use them??

So that would be...

Mr Bender
ja boy
redzone (currently out doing photoshoots of the widey)
MitsuMadness (currently out doing photoshoots of the widey)
enthused

???
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

****EXAMPLE ONLY
http://www.momento.com.au/gallery?cpid= ... 9.11532652

This is an example of the type of thing I'm thinking using photos of Avandull's car.

Page 1 - CURRENTLY BLANK (will be the cover, probably the Austarion logo on black)

Page 2 - the type of thing I was thinking where there are multiple pics of the one car available and a little quote. (He really did say that by the way).

Page 3 - alternate idea being a single photo with a background of some colour (those colours are pretty bad, I was just playing with different colours... probably wouldn't use 2 tone like that :wtf:). Where I can only get one photo, that will probably be the option, although there are different framing effects I can play with.

As far as number plates go, if they're visible, I will blank them if you haven't (Avandull never bothers for the website, so I haven't bothered with his here).

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Glen, get that blue beast out of the yard and take some good photos of it!
It's a good excuse to drive it!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Will do this but I need to get (ie buy) a couple of prints from a prof photographer of the BCFH at Oran Park for this. Will ask for proofs (they are available) so I can have copyright on them.

an eg would be something like this- Image

or this Image
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I would definately buy a calendar and would be great to have a pic of my widey in it as well. When we have it regoed I will get a pic done
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

enthuzed wrote:Glen, get that blue beast out of the yard and take some good photos of it!
It's a good excuse to drive it!
yer i want to but it has some battle scars on it now so it doesnt look as good.
if the weather is ok on the weekend i will take it somewhere and take some happy snaps and see what it comes out like.
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

I'll have a dig around for some pics of my car this weekend :beer
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Hmmm..... currently I'm still leading as the person to pick, but there's a few people wanting to vote for the pics.

How would you want to manage the voting... nominate the people you want to have represented or specific pics? How would we do the voting?

To be entirely honest it looks like there's plenty of interest so I can more or less guarantee everyone's going to feature in some year or other. After 2011 is sorted, I'll organise a sticky thread so people can put up photos or sets of photos specifically for future calendars.

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

trouble is.. the cars that are around this year may not be presentable next year :P

starions do tend to enjoy a lot of time in pieces.

I reckon you'd need to vote on specific pictures instead of cars. But at the same time, not too many pictures of the same car.. have a good spread of vehicles. if it does come down to voting, that is..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Yeah, what I'm envisaging is having a couple of photos of the same car per month. Kind of like a Starion version of "miss July" type thing.

I don't think it really matters if the car isn't running that year (let's face it, just about every car on here is bound to be off road at least once during any given year anyway :roll: ) it's more about showing each car in its best light... whatever year that happened in! rofl (There's actually a member photo on the main site's "pictures" page, I think it's Prozac's, which is just a bunch of parts sitting on the garage floor. I get the giggles every time I look at it!)

I'm happy if people want to vote on what cars/pics should be used. I'm just conscious of the time it's going to take to find potential photos, get permission to use them, then get people to vote on them... yada yada.

I can always put one together with pics that I choose, and if the voting gets off the ground I can do a "popular choice" one too. Then people can choose which they prefer. :wink:

fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

thrash wrote:...trouble is.. the cars that are around this year may not be presentable next year :P ...
Does it realy matter?
You dont mind looking at miss july... even thogh she got married, hua? LOL
I want one (calender that is!) if you will post one for me? :beer
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Ah.... good point fugazi - Momento only delivers within Australia.

If anyone outside Australia wants a calendar, contact me and we'll work out how best to mange it (I'm thinking you order it and get it sent care of my address then I'll post it to you)

avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

I'm having some issues with the quality of some images taken from the site (some just aren't high res enough). If you have good quality images (that you have copyright for) I've set up an account to send them to:

austarion.calendar (at) gmail.com

(I didn't put the @ symbol in so I don't have to wade through heaps of spambot stuff, I think you're all clever enough to work that bit out).

Bring on 2012 when all these issues will have been ironed out.

NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

I'd be happy to have either the GSR-V or the Nissabishi feature in this.
I only have photos of the GSR-V with a crappy background...

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=9651

And a few others that I can submit.

I have a nice one of the Nissabishi, but as it was taken by it's previous owner, I think it only fair to ask him for permission first...