EU spec Starion, basic model

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:I wouldnt go so far as to say that 0 wouldnt make sense as the rest are in roman numerals...remember the car is named a starion (translation). Lets not forget the mitsubishi ZERO fighter, I would definately find it likely they had some lesser badged model on the street in Japan.

Actually releasing a zero model would relate far too closely to the war machine, so not likely released any where outside of Japan.

:beer
Thats you and I clashing beers galant.
In theory that would be a possible explanation, but in practice there's not a single sales brochure (and there's plenty to look at on here!) that covers the GSR-0. They are more than happy to cover all the GSR models and even the bottom spec GX model so why would they miss out on the supposed GSR-0?

You are forgetting that half the Starions on our roads come from Japan as 2nd hand used imports, and they were sold new in the Japanese market so not an export market version which would miss out on the supposed GSR-0 model.

Starion came from the amalgamation of the words 'Star of Orion', seeing as Mitsubishi are obsessed with stars and planets (ie the engine series, Neptune, Saturn, Orion, Sirius, Astron etc), not a mis-translation of the word 'Stallion'.

GSR-0 does not exist. End of story. :P

:beer :beer

(clink clink goes the beers)
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i agree with dirtyalfa on this one.. even though a gsr-0 would be cool, considering we call the vr4 galant an evo 0.. it doesn't make sense that they'd leave it out of sales brochures.. after all.. they ARE making these cars so they can sell them for money..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

sorry, correction.. they WERE making these cars.. lol
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

yeah I was talking in theory.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Cel Stowers
[L] Plates

Post by Cel Stowers »

Wow oh dirty one, thanks for the proof that people can put stickers on cars. I don't doubt your information however, why the hell would anyone bother going through the trouble of badging a model of car that doesn't exist? Most people spend their time and money getting a car to look like a better spec model that already exists eg. cloning. I just wanted to know if anyone's seen one of these before as it's the front suspension and brakes I'm interested in. I'm 99% sure they're not original as the knuckle arms are 3-bolt, not 2-bolt like Starions and the discs are way too small (Vented rotors 243mm dia. 26-28mm height). All of the aftermarket replacement rotor manuals I've referenced have nothing that matches the dimensions I have. Cheers.
Doing something good is like urinating in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling but no one notices
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

sounds like early EX Lancer GSR Brake rotor dimensions, but don't know about the 3 bolt knuckles. Non turbo Sigma had solid 256ish mm rotors and two bolt knuckles also.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Hmmm... is this Krorz "show & go" thread? :naughty
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

:) I don't mind the thread hijack, I'm interested in any Starion related discussion. Hopefully in a few months I'll be able to post new pictures where you will see some progress.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Any info on that?
Krorz wrote:Do you guys know what kind of steering wheel centers were in the different versions of Starions?
My car came with this:
But the '82 parts car has another type which only has the Mitsubishi logo in the center and no turbo logo and it's striped horizontally.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

the only other horn button type i've seen has starion wirtten on it with an engraved circle around the writing. I think my current car has this kind.. i'll take a pic sometime.
quest wrote:
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Krorz wrote:...I'm interested in any Starion related discussion....Hopefully in a few months I'll be able to post new pictures where you will see some progress.
So am I!!!!
Summer is comming up faster than.... just put the Yokohama C-drive's on the Lancer/Libero today! VERY nice and sunny day today... :D
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

I'm rebuilding the rear brakes in this great sunny weather :) The brake drag was a "little" out of spec, so I decided to pull the rear brakes off the car and investigate. The pistons can't really move back freely to their original position because of rust under the dust boot so I have my evening programme for today.
Cel Stowers
[L] Plates

Post by Cel Stowers »

Yeah, figured they may be off a Lancer GSR, I've found a listing for the 2.0L which is 256mm but nothing on the 1.8L GSR. The rotors I have are very close to Tredia/Cordia 1.6L Turbo's. Looking at the GSR-0 links you supplied was good reading, I'd go so far as to say that this is probably the same car! I got it from Te Awamutu a couple of years ago.
Doing something good is like urinating in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling but no one notices
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Krorz wrote:I'm rebuilding the rear brakes in this great sunny weather :) The brake drag was a "little" out of spec, so I decided to pull the rear brakes off the car and investigate. The pistons can't really move back freely to their original position because of rust under the dust boot so I have my evening programme for today.

the rear pistons are wind back type as the handbrake mechanism is inside the caliper. your brake drag could be caused by dodgy handbrake cables..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

redzone wrote:
Krorz wrote:I'm rebuilding the rear brakes in this great sunny weather :) The brake drag was a "little" out of spec, so I decided to pull the rear brakes off the car and investigate. The pistons can't really move back freely to their original position because of rust under the dust boot so I have my evening programme for today.

the rear pistons are wind back type as the handbrake mechanism is inside the caliper. your brake drag could be caused by dodgy handbrake cables..
I wish...

I installed the handbrake cables myself 6 months ago, they are in perfect working condition, but I tested them to be sure before I removed the rear brakes.
I could hardly get the piston out from the caliper with a hammer and a long screw, so I think I found the problem. I removed the rust above the piston seal and I need new seals and rubber parts.
I ordered the reco. kit for the caliper but they don't have it in stock in the country, it'll take a week or so to get it here if they can order it.