The Nissabishi Conquest

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

How did those pubes get in your muffler, thats the real question being asked here :oops: :o
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

MrBishi wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a thin wall stainless exh manifold NOT crack eventually. Doesn't matter what brand.
To me - thick wall or nothing - bugger the weight penalty.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Red, I just want a suitable manifold. I don't really want to have change anything else.
Thanks for looking though...

Yeah that muffler is finished. Maybe I'll turn it into a patio heater...

It's back to driving the GSR-V again, just as soon as I put it all back together.
I got the turbo rebuilt and new gaskets for it, I just need thinner, bendier arms!
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

will be the ultimate Nissabishi by the time I'm finished with it!
unless the other Nissabishi owner decides to poke that VG30ET with a stick
.....run for cover then :)
Very nice ride & to a happy home, however you slice it
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah the guy is selling the 6 boost manifold seperately and is a T25 flange pattern i believe, is your one T25 or T3?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
docile
Big Dorifto

Post by docile »

Has the Trust manifold got reinforcement plates/bars to support the weight of the turbo? :wink:

Like, tell me its not holding up the Turbo and dump pipe? LOL

Cuase theres your problem if it is.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

The turbo currently fitted to the car is a TD07.
The Trust manifold didn't have any extra bracing to cope with weight, which I suspect is part of the reason it cracked the first time.
When I removed it to fix it last time, I had it all welded up, and some extra bracing added.
The manifold cracked again because it's thin crap.
It did crack in an unrepaired section, so if I can't find a suitable replacement, I'll just have my exhaust guy cover the entire manifold in weld.
This time it cracked right where it attaches to the head.
VERY FUGGIN annoying!
It's quite a B I G job to remove, and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do it again...
:x
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

A 6 BOOST steampipe manifold will fix this once and for all and has a LIFETIME guarantee against cracking
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

+1 6boost.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

when something that is a total PITA to remove, repair, replace keeps breaking... that is the time you shell out the proper money to get the best available (6boost), fit it and never have to worry about it again.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
starion4me
I've been here before

Post by starion4me »

Jas

As discussed previously i believe the issue is due to NOT having a flexi join in the exhaust. And i did advise you to install one when you repaired it the first time. The engine damper will reduce vibration but it wont eliminate it.

I have a flexijoin here you can have if you pay for the freight or it maybe just as cheap to buy one local to yourself.

What you have to remember is that manifold has been on the car for more than 7 years. No it is not a thin ebay chinese manifold but any manifold is going to crack over time. Its a genuine Trust manifold and i even supplied you pictures with the price tag still on it. Trust was stamped on the dump pipe flange but i had to cut it off as it was fouling on the engine mount.

Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

starion4me wrote:Jas

As discussed previously i believe the issue is due to NOT having a flexi join in the exhaust. And i did advise you to install one when you repaired it the first time. The engine damper will reduce vibration but it wont eliminate it.

I have a flexijoin here you can have if you pay for the freight or it maybe just as cheap to buy one local to yourself.

What you have to remember is that manifold has been on the car for more than 7 years. No it is not a thin ebay chinese manifold but any manifold is going to crack over time. Its a genuine Trust manifold and i even supplied you pictures with the price tag still on it. Trust was stamped on the dump pipe flange but i had to cut it off as it was fouling on the engine mount.
Yeah that's cool man, and I know it's not a new manifold. I've got the receipt, and I know that you're not the kind of idiot to pay near on a grand for a chinese ebay spec manifold.
I'm going to replace it, so that I'm positive I won't have to worry about it again for a VERY long time. Just for my peace of mind.

Don't worry, I'm not dissing you or your build of the awesome machine, I'm just venting my frustration at having to pull it all off again to fix it.
I'm sure you remember how much fun it was to assemble in the first place!

I still love ya Jas! :)
starion4me
I've been here before

Post by starion4me »

Jas you can still buy the same manifold but its not cheap $2071.45 + freight

http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/exha ... san-silvia
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Ummm...pass.
Thanks for looking though!
:beer
I'll either get Kyle at 6Boost to make me one, or get one made here in West Oz...
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

Hey Nachoman - I am in Sydney next weekend so can pick up the flexi joint from Starion4me if you like......... no transport cost!!

Will be in Sydney - Thursday arvo til Monday morning....

:beer
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
docile
Big Dorifto

Re: ...

Post by docile »

NachoMan wrote:The turbo currently fitted to the car is a TD07.
The Trust manifold didn't have any extra bracing to cope with weight, which I suspect is part of the reason it cracked the first time.
When I removed it to fix it last time, I had it all welded up, and some extra bracing added.
The manifold cracked again because it's thin crap.
It did crack in an unrepaired section, so if I can't find a suitable replacement, I'll just have my exhaust guy cover the entire manifold in weld.
This time it cracked right where it attaches to the head.
VERY FUGGIN annoying!
It's quite a B I G job to remove, and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do it again...
:x
Okay, but has the exhaust dump pipe and the rest of the system got their own braces to hold up the exhaust system wieght on its own ?