Abalistic's Black JB Starion Lives Again

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Ausminx
[L] Plates

Abalistic's Black JB Starion Lives Again

Post by Ausminx »

Hi All,

Last year I purchased one of Abalistic's posse' of Starion's and said I would post photo's when I upgraded the engine and got it running...some time has passed but finally have got around to getting upgrade done.

Firstly, it must be said that Abalistic is a TOP bloke, TOP mechanic and TOP enthusiast, he loves Starion's and it shows in how he keeps his cars.

He offered for sale a Black JB Starion in original condition, serviced better than most and fastidiously kept under cover for many years. I wanted a Starion in good nic and got one in outstanding condition. It is a credit to him as the car is in totally original condition, with out a blemish or bolt, clip out of place. LSD is in good condition and the driveline is quiet and tight.

It was so good, have kept all the original parts and tried to keep the car in original condition, but wanted to upgrade the ECU and manifold. So it has now been fitted with an EMS ECU and Hyundai 4 runner manifold and plenum chamber. Being the TOP bloke he is, he threw in an original JD Intercooler and turbo which is currently being fitted. Am getting JB rims polished and re-rubbered to complete the original look and will have front spoiler fitted after re-spray.

It is the first Starion I have owned and am really impressed by the vehicle, great design, great looks, excellent handling, great engine and an all round great sports car. Everything works like new and doors and windows, seats still work and feel like new! Not to mention the millions of parts available and the AU Starion forum, makes it the most enjoyable vehicle I have been involved with. Hope to get along to some of the events and catch up with other enthusiasts who know a GREAT car when they see one!

So far has beaten Toyota Supra, Subaru WRX, Mazda RX-7, Golf GTi, Mazda MX-5 at Lakeside sprints! The guys ask, gee its quick and it handles well, who does the modifications on the car? I answer MITSUBISHI - it's basically a standard car - and they stop asking questions... god help them if I decide to improve on standard configuration!

Enjoy the pics and if you catch up with Abalistic, give him a pat on the back and a beer, cause he deserves it for keeping the Starion faith!

JB Rims are getting polished!: Image

Show Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/dsc02657_copy2.jpg

Lakeside Sprints: Image
Photo Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/dsc02655_copy1.jpg

Engine Bay: Image
Photo Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/dsc02658_copy1.jpg

Engine Bay 4 Runner Manifold: Image

Photo Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/dsc02660.jpg

Handles OK Too!: Image

Photo Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/la ... idge_2.jpg
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i know pretty much the full history of that car, an ex girlfriend who i'm still in contact with sold it to abalistic, she bought it from honeycombes car yard in kawana for 7K when it had 125000km on it back in 2003, the guy who used to own it before her his name is Fred, worked at haymans electrical in maroochydore, he's the one who deserves most of the credit for keeping it so nice, as he owned it for over 10 years. He bought it off the original owner who had an identical JB setup as a race car, he bought both of them new, your car was his road car.

i used to work on it when fred and amanda had it, it was literally spotless back then. i actually had the opportunity to buy it before fred traded it, but i had spent all my money fixing up the orange car (back when that was silver) and i didnt want to buy such a perfect original starion as i wanted to modify one... that car was soooooo tight to drive, fred spared no expense and babied it..

DONT BEND IT! :beer
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Re: Abalistic's Black JB Starion Lives Again

Post by thrash »

Ausminx wrote:So far has beaten Toyota Supra, Subaru WRX, Mazda RX-7, Golf GTi, Mazda MX-5 at Lakeside sprints!
that would have a lot to do with the skill of the driver as well :P
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

That was a great post to read. Welcome to the Starion community!

The JB, (IMHO) was the pick of the bunch with the Oz starion models when it came to a great (from factory) sports car.
Ie., improved throttle body, aerodynamics, 15" wheels and upgraded chassis.
The black over champaigne is a nice colour scheme! Plus Tan interior!

Good luck with it!

BTW. I have a spare JB factory brochure just picked up from ebay... if you are interested, PM me!

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

What is the paint code for the car

Also, what ware the last 4 digits of the VIN?

I have a JB and I think the paint is supposed to look like your except mine is now all black...

:beer
1985 JB Starion #157
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

Wow , dont see many Starions in two tone [ well i have'nt ]

Suits it down to a tee ..absolutely lobe the two tone look!!

Nice one
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Its good you are enjoying the starion, i saw the car back when we had the massive qld cruise definately is spotless. Given you take it to the track alot have you considered upgrade swaybars best handling mod for your dollar.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i think the colour names are serbia black over chateau beige
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

VERY nice JB.
I do rather like the look of a 2 tone Staz.
JPC has one, and so does Noddy's wife, and they look luvverly.
Yours does too! :D
Ausminx
[L] Plates

Post by Ausminx »

Thanks for the feedback, obviously you guy's have been enjoying Starion fever for a while.

It's amazing how many of you know the history of the car, thanks for filling in the gaps.

My brother (Starion VR4) is a Starion trajic, yard full of Starion's and a shed full of spares... including a Wide Body model - drool.....

The first time I drove it, his JB Starion that is, he won't let me drive the Wide Body!, I wanted one straight away and has taken a long time to source a good shell, but the wait was worth it.

His JB has a VR4 engine and I haven't identified turbo yet, just that it is in a very large Garret box and can probably fit boxing gloves in the inlet, has been sniffing around Gonzo pipes and got some custom exhaust manifold and system, head has been ported, flowed, sonic tested half a dozen times! and has an intercooler that is off a race car. I have seen boxes of Carillo's, Mahle Black pistons, Black Steel Nitrided crank so all other internal parts are for HIGH HP engine. (He can't hide all the good gear from me...)

He doesn't stuff around with engines and used to supply camshafts to race teams, so what ever animal he is building will be REALLY quick. Anyway, I have probably let the cat out of the bag... oops in trouble again!

The Paint code off the tag is W18, but will catch up with Bro and see what he knows about the colour scheme, Abalistic should have a good idea, so although Red Zone seems to know, I will check out what information I can find.

Have posted picture from Mt Cotton Hillclimb as Bro' is snooping around with camera again...
Show Image: Image

Show Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/st ... cotton.jpg

Show Image: Image

Show Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/st ... m_loop.jpg

Ciao for now, talk to you again soon.
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

Glad it has gone to a good home.

Wife misses it. As punishment she has taken my evo8 as her daily driver.

:beer

p.s Watch out.... my Silver JA will be back in the game soon.
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.