cordia liking lurker checking in

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
JiMI
[L] Plates

cordia liking lurker checking in

Post by JiMI »

hey... just thought i would touch base so you all know who i am when you see me about.. the name is Jamie i am/was a farmer in the town of kerang in north central victoria, I am currently over seas on a working holiday/honeymoon i have been in london/europe for about 6 months and will be coming home in about 2 months, i have a few cars tucked away in my shed back home waiting for my return, there is a pretty much stock white gsr cordia that has been my daily for around 4 years now and never really let me down, i also have a white galant vr4 that is more of a long drive car atm as it has more room and a bit more comfort (the mrs parents are in sydney so long drives are common) i also have a recently purchased (just before i left) vr4 powered cordia as well which i hope to have fixed and registered soon after i get home.. i love all mits cars and i have a soft spot for stazas as well... and i'm sure i will own one in the future :)

anyway.. here are some pics of my beasties :)

new cords

vr4 and cordia

Give me Fuel.. Give me Fire.. Give me that which i desire
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Nice collection of cars :) Just need a Starion to complete it :beer
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
JiMI
[L] Plates

Post by JiMI »

indeed.. i used to have a hz 1tonner ute... 308/supra box lsd etc etc... used to love the good old power oversteer out of corners.... starion will be the way i reaquire this fun :twisted:
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Hi Jimi, welcome. I love Mitsubishi 80's cars as well. I have owned about 6 starions and am rebuilding a white JA at the moment. My other car is an 86 GSR Cordia Turbo with 83,000 k's on it in absolutley mint condition. Its an amazing fun car to drive. Starions are my first love though :wink:
Matty
[L] Plates

Post by Matty »

Hey there, welcome to the site. Nice collection of cars you have there, as mentioned above all you need is a Starion to complete.

I used to own an '84 AB GSR Cordia myself, before I saw the light that is :P

Keep us posted on the VR4 Cordia, should be a little rocket
JiMI
[L] Plates

Post by JiMI »

it is... hehe i drove it home on a work permit from where i bought it.. had to chuck the couple of galant tyres/treads on the front as the previous owner had flat spotted the black ones... with the narrow cheap rubber on the vr4 rims the tacho would just go straight thru to redline the moment the turbo hit boost in first or second... fwds are such a curse sometimes.. lol
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

they may be a curse and not as "pure" as a rear whell drive, but it sure is fun once those front wheels start spinning !
JiMI
[L] Plates

Post by JiMI »

indeed... wrestling with the steering wheel has its merrits.. although when the torque steer sends you hurtleting towards a parked car its gets a bit nerve racking at times... i do have a solution to this though

http://cordiapower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14689

i did a bit of initial research and then andrew did the refining... quite an easy conversion and it should be very benifical to the handling :beer