Starion_Kid696's JA starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

yeh the purple isnt really my colour aye, was more leaning towards ford xr6 turbo blue.. the nice light mattelic one. at the moment the car is all covered in primer ... looks alot tidyer (tider tidier tidy-er .... how do u spell it??) swapping the wastgate spring over now to a harder spring for more boost :)
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

I call it "PRIMER GRAY" haha
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Looken 100x better then when you got it.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

awesome. with what u have under the bonnet, u should get hold of some usaf radar resistant flat black stealth bomber paint :D
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

redzone i would ..... but the clutch master cylinder died last night.... i felt really stupid tellin my mates at 3 in the morning my car is broken... anyone wanna lend me a car to get home??? haha PRIMER REPRESENT

skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Looking good. Can you elaborate on what you did when fixing the rust holes in the doors?

I love the XR6 blue (called 'Blue Print' apparently) and was thinking of doing my car in that colour...seems quite a few people are doing that now, so I need to think of something a little more 'different'...*sigh*, I still like that colour...
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

hey 'skip' for the rust holes in the door i ground back the paint using a flap disc on an angle grinder so i had bare metal and rust holes. then using a slimline disc on an angle grinder i carefully cut out the rust areas so i had larger holes of rust free bare metal remaining. Then using pieces of sheet metal i had left over from shaving my ute i used that as filler plates... instead of making a filler plate to suit.. i made it larger and placed it inside the door then mig welded it in place so the filler plate sat about 1.6mm lower than the existing door skin as it was placed on the inside, ground back the welds and applied BOG and sanded till smooth then more bog and more sanding ... it still needs a guide coat then to be blocked back and smoothened out again before paint. i was going to paint the inside of the doors and the bare metal inside the door with sound deadener which is pretty much a thick tar paint. hope that helps
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Cheers for the details mate!

I'm trying to work out whether to do something along those lines or say fuck it and get some doors from flav.
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

thats alright, its quite abit of work.. but i already had the majority of tools from doing a bit of pannel work on my ute and mates utes so made it easier and cheaper..... might be good if you round up a few mates and get them to help aye.

as for my starion ..... brand new clutch master and slave cylinders... but due to the resivour being slightly smaller on the new master one.... i couldn't bleed the system properly, so i had to suck the fluid via a clear hose at the bleed point.... didint taste nice. although the clutch dosnt dosent disenguage 100% sometimes.... so wont go into gears when stationary..... any help??
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Send me a text tomorrow Davo. I'll swing over and have a look at it for you
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

i sent u a txt... but u never showed or replied haha
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

My phone is stuffed up. Haven't recieved anything yet. :(
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

ah damn..... time for a new fone??? shoudl organise to meet sumwhere and yeh have a strap in my staz
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

You'll have to bring it over one day, so I can have a closer look, and have a tinker with bits and peices of it that need looking at for you.

Plus you can have a peek at mine too :D
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321